Devore The Nines owners compare The Nines to The Super Nines or ....?

If you have owned Devore Fidelity The Nines; care to comment? 
jahatl513
I owned the Nines, then went for the 0/93's and I now own the Super Nines. Each was a definite upgrade over the Nines.
I have owned the Nines and the O/96, and now I own the Super Nines. I have not owned the O/93 but I think my experience would be relevant for you. The O/96 is the best speaker I've ever had, and I've owned at least 20 brands over the last 40 years (yes, I'm a "senior:). But I eventually came to the conclusion my room wasn't quite large enough to let them develop the massive soundstage I heard with them at the dealer's. So I went to the Super Nines, which are a better match for my room (15 by 19). If, as I suspect, the O/96 is somewhat similar to the O/93, I think you would find the Super Nine to have a more open soundstate, particularly in the vertical dimension. and a slightly more extended, airy high end. But you would probably miss that hard-to-describe sense of weight, body and immediacy that the O series possess. And the bass weight and slam of the O/96 really pushed my buttons. The Super Nine is no slouch in this area, but I think that wide baffle design of the O series, and those big mid-woofers, have something going on that sets them apart. With both rock and classical music, there is just a slight diminishing of the sense that real people playing real instruments are in the room with you. But overall I love the Super 9 and it's a definite upgrade over the 9, in every category you can think of, particularly scale, presence, bass extension and bass "slam." I really think your room will be the determining factor. Also, I found the O/96 to be a little easier to drive than the Super 9, and have more dynamic headroom.