CARDAS CCGR-S BINDING POSTS FOR MAGGIE 1,7i

I want to replace the original MAGNEPAN binding posts with the Cardas CCGR-S in my MAGGIE 1,7i.

Is there any modification needed? I do not want to intervene into original binding post plate. Does anyone have any experience with this?

dvinkl
As long as you get the "S" version(short), of the Cardas posts, you won’t have to modify anything on the 1.7i plate. The stock holes are the same width, as standard, 5-Way/banana, mountings(iow: Correct, to facilitate use of the standard insulator plate, provided by Cardas). I’ve done the same upgrade, to my past four pairs of Maggie’s models(including the 1.7i).

Thanks for your response Rodman99999!

That means I can use the original Cardas CCGR-S insulator plate?

Is there no need to split them anyway? Did you replace the both pair of the speaker?

Is that upgrade worth the money? How does they sound?

There are a lot of issues, but I would be very appreciated for your answers.

1) Yes, the Cardas insulator plate’s width, matches the original Magnepan holes(both are standard 5-Way dimensions). 2) No, I’ve always(only) upgraded the stock, Stainless Steel(yuck) Input binding posts, with better 5-Ways. Then- internally bypassed the fuse holder and tweeter attenuation circuits. 3) I noticed a cleaner(less high-freq grain) presentation, with every model. But- always addressed everything at once, so- cannot specifically attribute the improvement, to any particular step(sorry). Caveat: Bypassing the fuse, means NEVER clipping/over-driving your power amp(or, bye-bye tweeter).

OK, thanks.

I will replace the binding posts first. I am using HI-FI TUNING  SUPREME3 silver fuses. currently.

Greetings from Europe.