Speaker Volume

I have an NAD T777 V3 with Paradigm Persona B speakers.  Problem is not enough volume.  What's up with that?  Running two channel and volume at max +9db but it could be louder.  It's clean and loud, but I would like a bit louder.  Not like being at a concert where your ears rattle.  ]
Ideas?
stttt
+1 lowrider57

A good sub to augment the bottom frequencies below 80 Hz would add weight, fullness and apparent volume. You would be surprised to find that you could back your overall mid to high frequency volume by 5db and still get the feeling of having a louder more engaging performance, while actually being a bit kinder to your ears. 

Jim 
gosta and all the others who responded.  I apologize for taking so long to get back with you.  Life gets busy.  I have more news regarding this.  When I play music through BluOs on my computer, using Qobuz and Deezer, it is louder than through the laptop and Pandora.  Elizabeth must be right about running Pandora through the laptop and the volume issue.
A couple songs I like to play after a couple drams of scotch; Artist=Rodney Miller, Airdance; song Belle of NewCastle/Scruff Neck.
Artist=Outlaws  song green grass and high tides.  These are two completely different genres.
I like piano, violin and acoustic guitar.  also Old time R&R.
I appreciate all of you who took the time to help me out.  Thanks!
Your meter lies. Get a new one. Very few systems can do a real 105 db comfortably. You do not have enough gain on your DAC.
Your meter lies. Get a new one. Very few systems can do a real 105 db comfortably.

I agree completely.

And that is especially likely to be true in the case of a stand-mounted two-way two-driver speaker whose largest driver is 7 inches, as is the case here.

Specifically, measurements of the speaker that were published by SoundStage indicate a sensitivity of 86.9 db/2.83 volts/1 meter, and an impedance that is around 4 ohms in much of the bass and mid-bass regions, where lots of energy is typically required. 2.83 volts into 4 ohms is 2 watts, which is 3 db greater than 1 watt. So the efficiency of the speaker is 83.9 db/1 watt/1 meter.

The amp has an IHF dynamic power rating of 260 watts into 4 ohms. A "dynamic power rating" means that an amp can only put out that much power on brief dynamic peaks, not continuously.

Plugging those numbers into this SPL calculator, assuming a listening distance of 9 feet and also optimistically assuming 3 db of "room gain" due to placement within "2 to 4 feet" of a wall, results in a calculated SPL at the listening position of 105.3 db.

That would only be on brief dynamic peaks, and it assumes that the speakers are not being driven so hard that their behavior becomes significantly non-linear, for example as a result of "thermal compression." Given the optimistic nature of those assumptions, and given also that the speaker has a "maximum input power" spec of 150 watts, expecting even 105 db from those speakers on anything more than very brief and very occasional dynamic peaks is highly unrealistic.

And there is no way those speakers could ever come close to 110 to 115 db. If fed enough power to theoretically reach those levels, their drivers would blow.

If you really want to reach those kinds of levels you’ll need speakers that have much greater sensitivity, while also being able to handle copious amounts of power, and being able to provide good sonics while doing so. Which most likely means **some** (not even most) large floorstanders. 

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al

mijostyn   I don't have a DAC.  I have two computers in the living room.  A laptop connect HDMI and listen to Pandora with the volume problem.  I also have a home built PC with BluOs playing over the Network Gb speed.  The home built one has good volume, the laptop does not.