REL subs with Rowland Amplifiers

I'm having issues connecting my REL Carbon limited subwoofer to my Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier via the high-level input. I connected my sub according to REL's instructions...yellow lead to positive on one channel, red lead to positive on the other channel, and floating the black wire(ground). I get minimum output when connected according to the instructions. When I use the low level input, the output is sufficient and the sub sounds great. Per my conversation with Jeff Rowland I need to ground the black wire by loosening a screw on the amplifier and connecting the black wire, but if it isn't properly grounded I may damage my amplifier. Is there anyone that owns a REL with Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier or other balanced differential amplifier? If so, how do you connect your REL via the high-level input. Is there an easier way to ground the wire than unscrewing the screw on my amplifier. I just don't want to unscrew the screw and prefer another method of grounding the sub.   
ricred1
Hi Richard,

What I was saying at the end of my previous post is that most likely there is no issue with leaving the black wire (and eventually wires plural) unconnected, at least in your situation. 

And even if there is an issue (which I suspect there isn't, given that there is no hum), at most the consequence would be some very minor (and unpredictable) sonic effect. 

Best regards,
-- Al

Richard, I am not suggesting that having two subs is a negative issue. In fact, I believe that two subs is quite beneficial. The second sub allows one to not only have a sub dedicated for each channel, but also seems to help in taming various room modes. OTOH, setting up two subs is far more involved and time consuming than just setting up one. IME.

@almarg Thanks Al, I might at sometime in the future hook up my two subs to my Rowland. I am currently only using this configuration ( twin subs) with my mono blocks..and using just one of the subs when I play the Rowland.

I would also like to say thanks to astewart8944. He was the first person to suggest connecting both wires to the same positive terminal and floating the black wire. 

Post removed