Oppo BDP 95 vs BDP 105...

I own a Oppo BDP 95 and was curious if it is worth the money to upgrade to the 105. Has anyone compared the two and can anyone explain the qualities and characteristics of the 105. Thx in advance.
128x128bacardi
Admranger,

The 95 does not have the input capability of the 105. I plan to connect DirecTV HD-DVR via HDMI and Mac Mini via USB to a 105. HDMI from the 105 will go to my projector; analog XLR stereo and RCA 7.1 will go to my Cary Cinema 11a as they do with my 95.

db
dbphd: I'm aware that the 95 does NOT have inputs. Hence my statement on what I'd do if I did get a 105 == something very similar to what you are planning, though my processor is a much, much, much lesser processor than yours.

I'm just not sure it is worth it to upgrade for my Wadia 170i ipod input and the directv dvr. I am very interested on what you think given that your Cary is >>>>>>>>>> my Rotel receiver.
Admranger, The role of the Cary is minimal with the Oppo 95, but it does process HDMI audio from my Sony XA5400ES.

Video: The Cary has no video processing capability; it just passes video. I'm currently using a DVDO iScan Duo as an HDMI switch, so it's processing video, but when the 95 was connected directly to the projector, the picture quality was at least as good as that from the iScan Duo. When I install a 105, it will do the HDMI switching and the iSan Duo will go.

Audio: The Cary receives stereo and 7.1 analog audio from the 95 that it bypasses, so the 95 is doing the processing, including speaker settings. This setup eliminates HDMI artifacts between the Oppo and Cary. The Cary audio processing is used only with the Sony. Both the Cary and Oppo 95 excel at audio and either yields superb transparent sound with detailed imaging on a well defined stage. I'm guessing the 105 will at least equal the 95 in audio ability.

db
I am also hesitating on doing the upgrade. My 95 is hooked up to a Mac MX-121 prepro, both through HDMI and 5.1 analog cables. The difference between connections is not important in my system, both in multichannel audio as well as in video. The 105 will surely bring more features (2 HDMIs inputs and a better Netflix would be for me the most interesting) but not sure if better quality. Only if the latter really improves both in audio multichannel and video I would jump over it (for stereo and DAC use, I do not care too much since I use a Mac MCD1100 player, which overcomes the Oppo).
How do the owners of the Oppo BDP105 feel about the quality of the 2 Sabre ESS 9018 processing chips compared to other chipsets in other machines? Does the 105 lack bass, mid-bass, midrange and proper top end resolution to anyone? Anybody's thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance....