Oppo BDP 95 vs BDP 105...

I own a Oppo BDP 95 and was curious if it is worth the money to upgrade to the 105. Has anyone compared the two and can anyone explain the qualities and characteristics of the 105. Thx in advance.
128x128bacardi

Showing 5 responses by bacardi

@Shakedown, how do you find the sound in 2 channel via analogue? Do you find the midrange rather lacking? Sound is a little thin?
How do the owners of the Oppo BDP105 feel about the quality of the 2 Sabre ESS 9018 processing chips compared to other chipsets in other machines? Does the 105 lack bass, mid-bass, midrange and proper top end resolution to anyone? Anybody's thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance....
@Shakedown, do you use your 105 for movies/music and if so, are you using the analogue or digital?
@Ph5y, I think in a revealing system you will notice the thin sound and weak midrange. I had a 95 and the 105 is definitely better soundstage/ extension, detail on the upper range but like I said, that is compromised by the thin sound and lack of midrange. Also the input switching as rather glitchy, hopefully that will get fixed via updates.