Using paypal for local pickup

For items sold as local pickup only, is it a good idea to accept paypal? I heard that a buyer could say that he never received the items and paypal would side with the buyer as there is no proof of delivery. 
audioforme99
Why would you use paypal for a local pickup? The buyer should pay you with cash!

Some people don’t want to go to an unfamiliar place with a lot of cash on their person. 

If you are afraid you can always meet at the local police department to complete the transaction!
Why would you use paypal for a local pickup? The buyer should pay you with cash!

Agreed but I have been in same situation.
I went to look at a sub at a local craigslist sale and I knew the area was not the best in town so I did not want to carry cash.
So I went , looked, listened and then asked if he was ok with PayPal as friends and family.
I think he understood....lol
Did the deal which is instant and all were happy.
So there are situations that merit it in todays age.
There is no way that I would go to a sketchy, or not-so sketchy area to complete a transaction with the kind of cash needed to purchase some audio equipment ... especially off of Craig's list.  We are talking about thousands of dollars. I have sold audio equipment on a cash basis via local pick-up before, but I won't buy that way. Why? Because I have police officers in the family ... and I have heard the stories.

Frank
oregonpapa,
With paypal a buyer could say that they never got the item and paypal would decide in their favor.