LUXMAN L509X VS M700/C700U

HELLO,
I have a Luxman m700u AMP and  with its DAC Luxman DA-06. I have been using my Oppo HA-1 preamp with this equipment.
I have triangle signature delta speakers.

my next step is to either sell M700u and buy L509x or get C700u to complete the paring with M700.
Please comment with experience.

rizwanalimohd
erik what I understand that the first few watts is what it counts and 590 has enough watts

Hi OP,

I guess my point was lost. :) Based on the reviews, I think the 590 is a much bigger amp than it's rating, as I wrote above. 

Being in LA in an apartment, with 90+ degrees outside I can't afford a Class A amp and am very happy with my compromised 507. :)

I think it will be interesting, given the similarity of output stage, and damping factor of the 700 and 590 if you find any difference at all.  I had forgotten how similar these two amps are.

Shame we aren't made of money so we can just order the m900. :)

Best,

E

Erik, I appreciate the effort, but am still unconvinced of your conclusions. The first Luxman link you cite was provided by me, during one of the ever-recurring threads where people continue to talk about the lack of power in the L-590AX. And as I've stated before, I own that amp.
My issue with what I called your "unfounded claims" is based on your conclusion that the amp wouldn't meet the FTC requirements to claim a higher power rating. Perhaps you're correct, but you don't know that, you merely surmised as much. In fact, you jump to a bunch of conclusions about the amp, it's engineering, even going so far as to state what it can and can't do, all without having ever even seen one, let alone heard one, as far as I can tell.
What I've surmised (but also don't know for a fact) is that Luxman chose to advertise the amp as pure Class A, and stated the output as such. This seems more likely to me, considering that they never even so much as hint at it switching to A/B beyond that 30wpc. This will be my last post on the subject, the last word is all yours, take care
 “What do guys think about cl 38uc and combine it with m700u with triangle speakers ? Vs c700u” 

I think CL-38 should sound better with 700u and triangle. 
What makes the SS preamp c700u 50% more expensive than CL-38? Has anyone compared the aforementioned preamps?
 I had the 509X, and it is stunning, best integrated i’ve ever heard by a wide margin; The 509X does not have the C-900U preamp. It might have a few bits here and there, but make no mistake, it is NOT a C900u; that being said the 509X is amazing and from what I have heard from a few dealers, the preamp section in the 509X is newer than the stand alone C700 pre; (Correct me if i’m wrong); Perhaps if you want to simplify and just want to enjoy amazing sound reproduction go for the 509X and call it a day; either way you can’t go wrong. One more thing, the sensitivity of your speakers implies a good match for the powerful 509X (I used it on my 4 ohm Dynaudio Contour 60’s and it was enough power there).

So, we know this:
Luxman underrated the 590 in a way they have not underrated the 509 or 507. That is, the measured performance of the 509/507 are much closer to published spec.

We don't know why.

I only offer a hypothesis, that the heat sinks can't get the amp past the FTC.

I don't think this is bad, by the way. It is a smart compromise.