Why do YOU love Vinyl/or hate vinyl

I just responded to the thread on how many sources do you have ( shotgunning tonight) and got me wondering why I love vinyl so much? Have a very good digital side on both my main system and my headphone system as well that was set up for Redbook playback (headphone system) only utilising my vast 1,000 CD collection, enjoyed it for about a year, added a turntable and haven't used it since. My love of vinyl has been with me for 55 years, buying and playing, setting up my tables , matching preamps and enjoying the fruit of my labor. I believe my love of vinyl is a simple one, it stemmed from the hands on, need to tinker and adjust that I was born with, it's a very physical attraction that I just can not resist, it satisfies a lot of needs for me and in some way is that mistress that I maintain. My turntable is massive and so easy to look at, I can touch it and get more out of it, I can read about the artist and get info while I listen to an album, I can swap out a cartridge and change the tone and in the day the album covers served as a rolling tray to roll a joint. I love vinyl, but absolutely understand while others don't. I also envy people like uberwaltz that have and use so many sources, wish I could. What say you?
tooblue
Of course CD's sound analogue - all of them - that's why you call it a digital to analogue convertor - it's more a case of getting cd's to sound like vinyl - just jokingly pedantic. I claim absolutely no science knowledge on this at all - I say this at the outset, but I recall reading a review about a top end Meridian and they have apparently got rid of 'digital hash' - I would love to hear it. I concur with the fact that vinyl has that sit down and listen quality, but this has as much to do with the format as the sound itself. I personally like the consistency, cleanliness and fault free sound of CD and enjoy it for what it is - likewise I enjoy the eccentricity fussiness and seduction of vinyl. Healthy salad vs Sunday dinner. I have, until recently, had a rubbish CD player. I got myself a Cayin CD-55 at the end of last year with a valve output stage and I think it is absolutely superb - very musical - superb at imaging and easy to sit down and listen to. I agree with the sentiment that price of entry to good sound from CD is waaaay cheaper than Vinyl. - likewise it is more consistent too. 
Digital frequently sounds “super clean” - hyper-analytical you could say - but that’s because it’s missing a lot of the harmonica and other information, like the bass harmonics and sweetness and air. The missing information also gives a false sense of low distortion. Oh, well, whaddya want fir nothin’? Listen to Heifetz on CD. Then listen to the same recording on vinyl or even cassette. No contest. Case closed.
uberwaltz-like I mentioned, I've had 2 very good r2r decks in the last few years and I have recorded digital music to them. The Otari has very good specs and sounded very good but wasn't any better than straight out of a dac. I bought the r2r to record my vinyl so in case I got rid of my tt or my vinyl albums would become noisy, I would have analog recordings of my albums. It was much cheaper to rebuy the bad album than to buy the tape to record at 15ips
I have used both and to my ears since I added a quality usb cable 
and the Excellent Lampizator vacuum tube dac , turntables have No advantage ,i have a purpose build Solid state drive server for my cd,dsd collection , Roon with all the bonus info and album art
i no longer have to deal with cleaning every record ,deal with pops
and static, the Lampizator is the 1st dac I have owned that makes CDs sound like A Real event . The designer has a great ear 
and even their New entry level Amber-3 dac at around $3k beats any dac at $6k out there I have heard ,and you can change the flavor a bit with tube rolling . their Atlantic dac has multiple 
tubes choices you can use to suit your taste exactly the way you like it for around $5 k which is around what a respectable turntable 
setup goes for. Finally digital that-gets you involved. The better the recording the more  you are there event. Even Qabuz,or Tidal  sound great these non oversampling dacs with the magic of the Vacuum tubes is my cup of tea. I can pick my favorite say 10 CDs and play them in order or random. I am thrilled . If you want to spin  your turntable go for it. You should though at least experience a great dac like the Lampizator I think you would be shocked at just how defined your music can be ,and the convenience, to just rip-a cd, download  a Hirez cd from HD trax , or anywhere else on line, Flac or Wav files.DSD files are limited in number  but take things to a higher level still. At least experience it .they at Lampizator even give you a 2 week money back guarantee.
Either way just my view point after 40 years in Audio .
Didn't read what came earlier...as yet.
Just a quick note.
I like the naturalness, the freely dynamic sound. Unrestrained.
I don't like the clicks and pops, the fragility, the set up, the damage to vinyl, the sixteen ways it can go wrong.
My TT15S1 has been off line for one year because the stylus broke. I bought a replacement cartridge that sounded nicer, more open. But I simply haven't used the TT or connected it back up since then. I somewhat dread its use, as a difficult inconvenient medium.
I envy others who have mastered it.