High value, giant killer speakers?

What speakers have you heard at any price did you find are fairly priced or a great deal and competed with offerings much more expensive (2x, 3x, 4x etc)? 
smodtactical
I felt that the early Sonus Faber's and ProAc's had something special about them - Supertowers and Minima Amators....
GoldenEar Technology Triton 1s sound amazing paired with an MA252. They sound like a much more expensive speaker than they actually are.
Wharfedale and Quad when you are 2 of the very very few vertically alligned companies in the game with odles of money and R&D at your disposal with Peter Comeau 1 of the best designers ever, it's a no brainier....The Wharfedale D330 is a killer lil Floorstander, the Diamond 11.1 just continues the Diamond tradition, the Heritage Linton and Denton models, and the Quad S and Z lines. The new Evo4 line and the Flagships will be dropped soon, real music at real prices with killer build and technology!
...all these amazing and rather consistent suggestions are making me want to rethink my solution to this problem.

Has anyone tries a pair of properly powered Infinity Kappa 7’s or 8’s? How do they compare to the many suggestions here?
"Everyone's favorite is a "giant killer". Has to be in order to assuage the restless ego. Heaven forbid you actually spent money on an average performer!"

No ego here... and I think I spent my money on an average performer.

"A purported giant killer that can't do under 35Hz +/-3dB? Really? I think not."

Maybe a speaker itself won't do that... but with proper placement it's not to hard to make the room go that low.  I only use my sub for movies... so something is working for me.  :)