Your favorite Electrostatic, Panel spkr

I’m putting together an analog system. First on the list was a turntable, I’ve settled on the Denon DP 59L. 
  Now let’s hear from the owners of some panel electrostatic type speakers, not ones you dreamed of owning, ones that you’ve owned and the reason why they were your favorite. 
kgveteran
select-hifi, the tiles are dirt cheap. They are very light. Just one drop of high viscosity cyano acrylate glue at each corner will hold them up. If you put them up alternating the direction of the fins they look pretty cool. Lay things out carefully before you get started. I used a plumb line to make sure I got everything straight. Please let us know how it goes.

Mike
jd57, you learn something every day. The last time I saw ML-2s was around 1979. There were 6 of them driving the HQD system. That store supplied me with components for my clients 10% off and my own stuff at salesman's comp. Anyway, the HQD system was a nightmare and not many were sold. It was not because of the amps but Quads and Decca ribbons blew all over the place. They sounded great and people tended to crank things beyond the power handling capability of the speakers. The only other dependable components were the Hartleys.  Very few people had a room big enough for them.
My initial answer would be Quads, but I also liked some of the aspects of the King Sound speakers that I have heard at shows. I dislike the Sanders (heard only at shows) and have only heard Sound Labs sound great in one instance.
I have Janszen Valentinas (aka zA2.1). You can read REG’s review in TAS and several others if you want a good description of them. I like them for several reasons:

• typical electrostatic low distortion, high transparency
  • fairly directional, less wall/ceiling interaction
  • no backwave, so fewer acoustics problems
  • compact size, not overwhelming visually
  • full range and well integrated
  • easy to place
I am quite happy with them and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for what they can give. What they do not provide is a huge soundstage, though they represent what’s on the record at a natural scale. Like many stats, their imaging will be best in the center seat.

Through the years, I’ve auditioned Sanders (great, but bigger), Muraudios (bigger soundstage and sweetspot, but more $$ and ugly IMO), Magnepans (sounded lifeless to me at low volumes), and MLs (years ago, but I found them too "wispy" sounding). I also owned Apogees, which were a lot of fun but far more colored than the Janszens.
Further to my earlier post, one of the things that made my Martin Logans outstanding was reducing the rake. The tilt works fine when standing, but when sitting the bass was heavy and muddled the sound.