The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
Old thread but @stereo5 that story of the girl hearing how good she sounded got me.
I have a friend who is a Juno nominated FOH sound guy over one time and he commented on how “clear” the midrange was. He referenced it to a touring VDOSC system driven by Lab Gruppen amps he was using at the time. I consider it a compliment as I have heard his work with smaller ensembles several times and the PA system sound was a model of clarity and resolution. I used to have some of his “off the board” recordings and they were in my opinion reference quality if not totally in the upper realm of soundstage/imaging magic.
Other than that most people don’t know/care. If anything, guys want to know how loud it goes, while women would rather not not find out and I suspect question the negative design impact on my
living room.....
A friend sat own in the chair for a few songs, her comment was 'Wow, sooo holographic!" 
A long time friend who is a musician and avid music lover but has no special focus on sound quality that I have ever detected was over listening with me the other day and commented how lifelike things sounded and correctly recognized the type and size of the venue where the live recording I was playing was recorded. I was shocked he even gave that a thought! The recording was the live classic rock tracks on "A Change of Seasons" by Dream Theater.
I was told to get a better front-end, preamp, amps, speakers, cables or get a life.

I told this guy leave now, before I bury my foot up your back-end on the way out!!