Great musicians who should have been famous except....

I'm throwing this out there as an example. My 16 yr old aspiring drummer son asked me if I had anything in the vinyl collection tonight... apparently the U Tube video tutorials finally got boring. He is really good and practices non stop but it was refreshing when he asked about ideas for sound. In a moment of 30 years past clarity I put on the B side of Van Halen 1984… Is Alex Van Halen the most under rated rock drummer of all time? And is there a better lead in to ANY rock vinyl side than that???
telemarcer
The late Terry Kath! Who played on the first five Chicago records and impressed Jimi Hendrix! Sadly now long gone!

Clifford Brown - great mid-fifties Jazz trumpet player who died way too young in a car crash!
Dennis Brain - virtuoso British horn player who likewise passed away untimely!
I will call him "George." Fantastic guitarist I played with in the 60’s. He could literally sound like Hendrix and Clapton. Why is he not famous today? Arrogance and conceit. I will just call him "George Unworthy."
Thought I'd throw a few great, highly distinctive but underappreciated guitarists into the mix:
Sandy BullTal FarlowLenny BreauDanny KalbPaul KossoffHilton Valentine