Has anyone finally decided to sell their Turntable and Vinyl collection?

It Maybe a little strange to ask this question here since clearly this is a forum for folks still loving and using Vinyl.
So I am looking for some feedback from folks that play very little of their LPs these days and have decided to sell all of it (or already have). I have thought about it for years seems like a hassle trying to sell your TT and or your record collection, that is mainly why mine stays put (not because I use it).

Anyway if you have sold - (Not if you’re keeping it forever)

Have you regretted it?
Or is to nice to reduce the clutter and happily move on?

Some people would never sell their analog rig and collection, I get that.

dougsat
Interesting topic and I enjoyed reading the replies. Its not always a case of whether vinyl sounds better than digital, more an involvement experience as kingbarbuda well mentions. My very limited experience of CD`s just brings memories of more fidgety hard plastic cases (like cassette) looking for an excuse to fall apart, and CD`s refusing to play because of a fingerprint on the lead in just where fingerprints happen.
So when LP`s started receding from shops to be replaced by CD`s at twice the price, I used the opportunity to by up bargain price LP`s. Now the CD`s are receding and LP`s are twice the price. Hmm, things do go round, but LP`s go round better!

I bought two new (to me) turntables last year. I’m buying more new and used LP’s now than I did for years. In the 1990’s I resigned myself to the reality of having to make peace with the CD, and finally bought myself a player: the Philips CD80, a substantial machine with a good transport (I thought it was heavy until I bought an Esoteric ;-). If you wanted any of the music that was being recorded in that decade (and into the 00’s), you had no choice---LP’s of that music were not being produced.

I’m not one of those who found CD’s to sound as bad as they were "supposed" to (by audiophiles). I mean, some of the LP’s being pressed were worse! MCA and Capitol Records LP’s, in particular. Garbage! But there were UK and European record companies making excellent LP’s: Ace, Bear Family, CRD (England) and Harmonia Mundi (France, and the U.S.) for Baroque and Early music.

When I visited Portland in 2010, Music Millennium had relegated their LP’s to the mezzanine above the main floor of the shop. By the time I relocated here in early 2016, the Blues, Jazz, Country/Folk/Bluegrass, and Oldies (you know, old people’s music ;-) CD’s had been moved up there, the LP’s now completely filling what had been the Classical room and spilling onto the main Pop CD floor. In the past 3-1/2 years, with every passing month the LP racks take over floor space from the CD racks. When you visit the store now, about half of the main floor is LP’s, the other half CD’s. Most of the browsing customers are flipping through LP’s, not CD’s. It may be different in your town or city.

MM pays pretty good money for LP’s, almost nothing for CD’s. A couple of months back I took in one 12 x 12 carton of vinyl, for which I was offered $400. But then one of the records was the lone 7" 45 released by The Nerves, which fetched me $75. I had actually purchased the 45 at Music Millennium when it was released in 1977! The Nerves was the Los Angeles Power Pop trio of Peter Case (later of The Plimsouls), Paul Collins (The Beat), and Jack Lee (writer of "Hanging On The Telephone"---which is on the 45, later recorded by Blondie. His royalty checks from their recording paid Jack’s rent for a few years ;-). I have a second copy, and I’m keepin’ it!

Recently dusted off my player (a rega 3 with ortofon blue) and played some vinyl and compared to the streaming version. Really happy to again be able to hear the music as it was recorded. Really mad about the media companies that have been fooling us to sell our vinyls and to buy their extemely bad cd transfers. Especially the music from 70's and 80's that's hard to listen to on cd because of removed bass and mid, compressed dynamics and sharp edges on voices and guitars. Supertramp Crime one example. I wouldn't say vinyl is "better" than cd. Vinyl is good enough, cd should theoretically be better. It's how you do it that matters. When a serious company really try there are lots of examples when the cd version actually sounds better - cleaned up without adding compression and edges. It's a jungle looking for the best recording. Will certainly rebuild my vinyl collection of older recordings!
Will never sell my vinyl. Been collecting since I was 15. I am 64. Over the years I sold a few out of my collection to used record stores for store credit, which was twice what cash value from store was. I also have a great CD collection, but I am selling some of those. I do 2 or 3 record shows a year and have close to 2,000 lps in my personal collection and about 300-400 that I take to shows. I still buy alot of vinyl - no CDs any more. Machete don’t stream! Never will. Got all the great music I need. I look for the deals now and buy very selectively. Just got Larry and Lee, and Ritenour Wesbound for about half price at Elusive Disc. I go through my collection before shows and pull what I don’t play at all or very often. I like to keep it where I have nothing but great condition and great (to me and my wife) music. I also have made a list of who my records and various systems go to when I die. It will go to my long time music buds.