Buyer is claiming damage that was done by him!

Hi group,
I sold a pair of mint Harbeths. I shipped them in original double boxed carton with original bonnets covering them. I just received this EMAIL from the buyer. I know that many ruin these speakers trying to pry  the magnetic grills off incorrectly. What is my recourse with this issue?
Thanks  much for your input!

This is the EMAIL I received from the buyer!

Hi. I picked up the speakers from FedEx yesterday. They arrived with some minor dents around the front top corners near the grille on both speakers. When I opened the outer box, I've noticed that one side of the inner box wasn't sealed on top and as a result the speakers came out of the top foam speaker holder. I guess the damage occurred from speakers bumping against each other. The grill cloth is also ripped near the dents. I've sent an email to Harbeth asking how much replacement grills are going to cost. I could probably live with those dents but grills might be replaced at some point. I'm still waiting on my amp to come back from service, so I have not even plugged the speakers in yet. Hopefully the drivers are ok.    
128x128yogiboy
Many remove the grills. Take a look at the listings here and you will see some with the grills removed!
geoffkait
Just curious, why would he try to remove the grills?
Why would a chicken cross the road? To inspect the drivers.
I use mine with the grills removed.
It sounds like this guy is trying to squeeze you for some kind of a refund!
Uh, I’m aware people often remove grills. Maybe a photo would reveal of the speakers knocked together during shipment, which actually doesn’t make sense if only one box was open or became open somehow during shipping. How? If the grills were pried off I imagine that would show in the photo. Did he pry off both grills?
Ouch!
Tough call here, probably good job it is not eBay as they unfortunately side with the buyer no matter what.
Unless they have a very poor track record already and you are a mega seller.
Be interesting to see the photos.
Always sad when damage occurs either accidental or deliberate.

Not always a sure sign that they caused the damage just because it has been two days though, I work away a lot and the wife might sign for my gear but it might be a week before I get home and physically open, inspect and test the gear.

Hopefully you can resolve this with the buyer amicably.
I assume they had good feedback on here prior to this event?