Mono Reissues and the Conical Stylus

Hi Folks,

Recently I started buying mono reissues from Speakers Corner, Impex, and have recently ordered a few from Analogphonic. They're all of the 'long haired' variety. In the process, I've come to discovery threads where posters claim that the newer mono reissue grooves are cut in a V (stereo) shape rather than the vintage U (mono) shape.
My AT 33 mono cartridge comes with a conical stylus and from what I can tell, so do the better mono cartridges, i.e. the Miyajima Zero Mono. This of course would then create an issue where it pertains to using a conical stylus in a V shaped groove.

Around November, I plan to purchase a Jelco tonearm for my modified Thorens TD 160 and after that, will be looking to upgrade to a higher end mono cartridge. However, I don't see that they're would be a viable solution to the stylus dilemma given that I will only have one tonearm. I do by the way own a collection of early mono records but would like to find a cartridge that better crosses over between my vintage pressings and my reissues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
goofyfoot
..just on the practicality on this issue...I have a number of mono records that sound absolutely fine with my Ortofon stereo cartridge.   A few of them sound better than stereos
stringeen, I agree that many mono records sound better than stereo despite the style of pickup used.
iopscrl,

Hana makes a low output mono cartridge which they say is a true mono cartridge and it has shibata diamond. Would this stylus stand up to a cartridge with a conical stylus when playing 1950’s mono pressings? Please keep in mind that I’m looking for a cartridge/stylus type that performs equally on earlier as well as reissued vinyl.

How about different RIAA curve for the old records from the 40's, early 50's ? Different record lables at that time used different RIAA curve. 
chakster, in this case the actual pressing would be different, am I not correct?