Mono Reissues and the Conical Stylus

Hi Folks,

Recently I started buying mono reissues from Speakers Corner, Impex, and have recently ordered a few from Analogphonic. They're all of the 'long haired' variety. In the process, I've come to discovery threads where posters claim that the newer mono reissue grooves are cut in a V (stereo) shape rather than the vintage U (mono) shape.
My AT 33 mono cartridge comes with a conical stylus and from what I can tell, so do the better mono cartridges, i.e. the Miyajima Zero Mono. This of course would then create an issue where it pertains to using a conical stylus in a V shaped groove.

Around November, I plan to purchase a Jelco tonearm for my modified Thorens TD 160 and after that, will be looking to upgrade to a higher end mono cartridge. However, I don't see that they're would be a viable solution to the stylus dilemma given that I will only have one tonearm. I do by the way own a collection of early mono records but would like to find a cartridge that better crosses over between my vintage pressings and my reissues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
goofyfoot
stringeen, I agree that many mono records sound better than stereo despite the style of pickup used.
iopscrl,

Hana makes a low output mono cartridge which they say is a true mono cartridge and it has shibata diamond. Would this stylus stand up to a cartridge with a conical stylus when playing 1950’s mono pressings? Please keep in mind that I’m looking for a cartridge/stylus type that performs equally on earlier as well as reissued vinyl.

How about different RIAA curve for the old records from the 40's, early 50's ? Different record lables at that time used different RIAA curve. 
chakster, in this case the actual pressing would be different, am I not correct?
chaster raises a good point which shows how deep the issue of "mono playback" truly becomes if you're half way serious about it.  The RIAA equalization became effective in 1954, but many labels did not immediately adopt it.  Some, particularly in Europe didn't comply until the early '60s.

So depending on how anal one wants to be with mono playback it becomes a question of:
* mono VS stereo cartridge 
* "true" mono VS strapped mono
* stylus shape and size
* appropriate equalization

Now anyone looking to go back further to 78s then actual recording speed must be added to the list.

Anyone wanting to learn more about all this could start here -
http://midimagic.sgc-hosting.com/mixphono.htm