Great sounding/recorded albums

I'm tired of all the electronic fake drums and other music I'm hearing on so many albums. 

What are some excellently recorded albums/songs that actually sound like the instruments you're hearing and not a synth?

I am 2 channel only right now and primarily listen through Tidal.
dtximages
@dtximages...there are others that share the same feeling about Steely Dan.  Everyone has a favorite band or group.  Not expecting everyone to love them.

Becker and Fagen were perfectionists.  Not only with their music, but their production and sound quality emphasis's were second to none.

As roberjerman suggests, a direct-to-disk LP. Once you've heard one, everything else sounds veiled, compressed, and lifeless. Sheffield made a bunch of them, both Pop and Classical. There are other d-2-d labels, but the Sheffields are easier to find and cheaper to buy. You may not like the music much, but for sound they are unmatched.

For albums made with a recorder, the releases on the Water Lily label possess instrumental timbres as natural and sonics as transparent as have ever been recorded onto tape. I suggest "A Meeting By The River", acoustic guitar by Ry Cooder. 

Sometimes choosing a certain label will ensure a good recording. ECM and Chesky come to mind but there are others. On Tidal, look for albums by Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek, and produced by Manfred Eicher.  These are in the jazz genre but are well produced.  The ECM label usually means a good production. You may not like the genre but you'll appreciate the quality of the recording.  

I
The Bright Mississippi by Allen Toussaint is the best recording in my 2000 cd collection
Show off? The Mobile Fidelity 45 RPM of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms
...if you can get a good copy.

Really well recorded drums? Dave Brubeck Time Out

A Meeting By The River is indeed impressive. If you can get into it. Which is a very important point. You really want to create a favorable impression, you play well recorded music that the listener likes.

Excuse me: loves.

Only audiophiles are impressed by technically accurate reproduction. What impresses everyone else is hearing the music they love sound better than they ever dreamed.