Again the topic of weight of amps

I see this has been covered but not recently.
I have had a few amps in the 100+ pound range.
I liked them enormously but I am in a small space and am tired of dealing with these behemoths when I need to move them around and the real estate they take up. They were all wonderful in their way and I would like to have kept them but for their immobility. But can one find true love after such heavy weights with a feather weight 55 pounder?
Have technological advances in 2019 made such a thing possible? I had a pass 350.8 which I loved but you can't keep a Stonehenge rock in an apartment living room.

roxy1927
Tim deParavicini of EAR-Yoshino says he can predict the bass sound an amplifier produces by looking at the size of it’s transformers.
That’s a bit of a furphy, there’s much more to it than just that, he not giving the whole story.

Feedback, output impedance, current ability, and damping factor, are parameters that effect bass and it’s control.

Cheers George
@geoffkait 
It’s no secret that big honking transformers produce toxic magnetic fields that distort the sound and that transformers produce mechanical vibration that affects everything in the chassis, especially given that transformers are bolted down to the chassis.
I believe I have heard of amplifiers that have a separate case for the transformer but I cannot think of a specific example right now.

noble100
"
It’s funny how outdated you both sound...You both obviously just lack the experience of listening to a good class D amp...with no experience listening to good class D amps, you’re both willing to spread outdated and no longer accurate information...Hopefully, both of you will be able to listen to a good class D amp soon"

What is funny is how you are convinced you know what I have listened to when in fact you have no idea what I have listened to and simply can not believe that what you like is not what others like and that many people think Class D has a long way to go before it can equal the consistent, reliable, superior performance of most conventional designs and I base that observation and conclusion upon listening to a variety of Class D amplifiers.
mitch2
@geoffkait
It’s no secret that big honking transformers produce toxic magnetic fields that distort the sound and that transformers produce mechanical vibration that affects everything in the chassis, especially given that transformers are bolted down to the chassis.
I believe I have heard of amplifiers that have a separate case for the transformer but I cannot think of a specific example right now.

>>>>Michael Green says he removes the transformer and places it far away from the amplifier, connecting them with long wires. An enclosure for the transformer would be fine as long as the enclosure was a low frequency high permeability alloy. I.e., mu metal. Two enclosures would be even better. 🤗
bdp24:
"Tim deParavicini of EAR-Yoshino says he can predict the bass sound an amplifier produces by looking at the size of it’s transformers."

Good morning,
    If Tim deParavicini of EAR-Yoshino is as smart and knowledgeable as I think he is and heard a good class D amp in the last 5 years, I doubt he still believes or states that.  I believe that's an old quote he made back in the 1990s referring to conventional tube and solid state amps at that time, not more recent class D amps.

Tim