Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
8th-note - gotta go soon, so you get the short answer. Do some practicing with a vacuum cleaner and then pull your dent out with vacuum. If you don't hear voice coil rubbing, you're not doing damage. When it's as smooth as you can get it, put the grilles on. The speaker was meant to have them, plus you won't see the dust-cap.

8th-note
Welcome! back. Good to see you here. I concur, Georgia to Washington State is quite a trek. It is all about the Audio journey.  What other gear including cabling is in your system? I look forward in reading more about your musical tastes.
Happy Listening!
The inability of certain personalities to cope with ambiguity makes the people watching aspect of audio a lot of fun. You can see with the audioholics guys that they are very emotionally invested in there being nothing audible that can't be measured. I think it would be a significant blow to their self-image if it turned out they were wrong. I get that they're annoyed by BS marketing and absurd prices but that's definitely not the whole story. Maybe it's fear that somebody might know or understand more than them in some area? 

Regardless, with active DSP speakers comes the possibility that slopes can be variable. I wish I could run my Thiels first order for acoustic music that doesn't have excessive bass and I don't listen to very loudly. On the other hand, when I want to rock it'd be great if I could just switch them to 4th order for increased headroom. I wonder if the new Meadlowlark has that ability. I saw that they're using mini DSP in their products.
jafant,

In response to your question about my StraightWire cables, I was using Encore speaker cables and Rhapsody II (RCA) interconnects in my system until just a few months ago. After switching to a PS Audio Stellar stack in early 2019, I decided to try several moderate-priced balanced interconnects in my system. Using XLR's from the Cable Company lending library, I decided that the Cardas Parsec XLR sounded better in my system than the Rhapsody II RCA I already owned (2nd place), Shunyata Venom XLR (third place), or Synergistic Research XLR (fourth place). I'm now using the Cardas XLR between my Gain Cell DAC/Pre and my M700 monoblocks. 

When I replaced the interconnect, I did not replace my StraightWire Encore speaker cable. Based on my room configuration, I have speaker cables that are 24 feet long and run under my living room floor. This arrangement makes replacement of the speaker wires quite expensive for reasonably good wire, so I'm keeping my StraightWire cables for now. Fortunately, the folks at StraightWire tell me that the Encore cable remains a very solid choice for my Thiel 2.2s and that even spending quite a bit more money would only get me small improvements in sound quality for my investment.
Sdl-4 - FWIW, Straightwire remained an active / interactive supply partner with Thiel from early 80s when they began until 2013 when Thiel was sold. SW knows quite a bit about wire, although they sometimes seem slighted in the market for lack of eber-expensive products. I would be most interested in learning how you guys consider SW and their products. I also hope for any feedback about Morrow, which is where I landed with little to no meaningful comparisons. Any thoughts?