Balanced vs RCA between amp/preamp

Well I'm taking my first step into separate components with a Marantz SC-11s1 and SM-11s1. Would like to know about the +/-'s of using RCA vs balanced interconnects between the two. All my input sources are single ended.

I understand the Marantz components balanced connections have pin 2 wired cold and pin 3 wired hot. Does this mean I need to reverse the cables going to my speakers (if I decide to use balanced connections between amp/preamp).

I also understand the RCA connections conserve absolute polarity. But is there a performance "hit" taken by using singled ended connections between amp/preamp?

Thank you in advance......
wec56
The single biggest improvement I ever made to my system was when I switched from RCA cables to XLR balanced but I am not using Marantz gear I am using Atma-Sphere so YMMV.
A note about balanced pro audio...In my long career as a concert soundman, I can attest to the fact that NOBODY unplugs a balanced anything while the system is powered up, and if somebody does I will possibly throw them out of the building. The balanced connections DO NOT stop noise when unplugging live connections.
audiorusty

Im envious. I always lusted for A-S kit, but was always out of my budget. Perhaps the closest I got was when I had Accoustats with their OTL amps. Did a few modes to the boards + chips and cryoed NOS tubes. Even if the sound was comparable, the Accoustats were affixed directly behind each speaker, designed exclusively for their panels.

Must be cool just to look at them, such a classic design honoring an important era in communications kit that looked like military hardware 
Post removed 
My home system was dramatically improved by 2 instances of changing to XLR cables: the tube preamp (ARC) to SS amp (McIntosh) connection eliminated noise that was present with unbalanced cables (cables were about 7 feet long) & my Marantz SACD (SA-11S3) to the pre made a huge difference, whether only because the balanced connection was louder (as some attest) or the cable was of far better quality than the previous unbalanced one, I don't know.