Dynaudio C1, why so expensive?

Any explanation for the price on these? They are, after all, a 2 way monitor.
128x128rja
> I don't know where you got the idea that it is aluminum

Bigbucks, where did you get the idea that is was not?

Even the baffle on my lowly Contour 3.4s is aluminum (or some aluminum alloy), so I am sure that Xti16 is correct.
Doesn't aluminum ring like a bell?

Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that for some reason. Whether it is or not and does or not, the Dynaudio engineers typically know what they are doing based on my experience.

International exchange rates might help explain high cost of Dynaudio speakers in the US. Most european made products seem to go for a premium here these days.

I have more difficulty understanding the cost of Canadian made Totem speakers these days. They mostly all sound really good and have very good build quality it seems but the price tags are surprising when you look especially after noting their generally compact size. Then again, good sound in a compact package has value.

PSBs might be a better value overall. You appear to get more for the money at least in terms of size. Not sure though. I'd have to listen to these top notch contenders back to back in order to say.
The baffle is a mdf layer sandwhich. The drivers are mounted in an aluminum plate that is mounted in the baffle.
09-17-10: Xti16
I have the speakers and it is aluminum.
------------------------------------------
09-17-10: Steidlguitars
Even the baffle on my lowly Contour 3.4s is aluminum (or some aluminum alloy), so I am sure that Xti16 is correct.
-----------------------------------------
You are both incorrect. The baffle is composite wood. The tweeter is mounted to an aluminum plate which fits into a machined recess in the baffle. But the baffle is NOT aluminum. And I know, becasue I had C4s, C2s and C1s and the baffles use all the same construction technique.

From the Dynaudio Confidence catalog:

"The multiple-layer high-density baffle yields extremely low-resonance and de-couples the loudspeaker drivers from the cabinet itself. Despite the slim dimensions of the cabinet, this innovative design concept allows for the integration of substantially larger bass driver than otherwise would be possible."

And I have a video of Confidence baffles being machined, and there's nary an aluminum chip to be seen...