Dynaudio C1, why so expensive?

Any explanation for the price on these? They are, after all, a 2 way monitor.
128x128rja
I'm not questioning their quality or performance. I know they're very popular with many people and I'm certainly not criticizing anyone who owns them. If fact, I'm not even questioning whether they're worth their price.
But for some reason I found myself wondering "why" they cost $7000.
Matro5,

I was trying to be helpful. My second post was asking what Richard was wanting to know. Was he questioning the price because $7000.00 is expensive or because he was looking for another speaker.

Dynaudio speakers are very, very good speakers. I personally wouldn't have a problem buying the C1s myself. I like the Dynaudio sound, I also like the sound of the B&W Silver Signatures. The Caravelles have the same sound, these are not warm colored or cool colored speakers, all three are very precise and neutral.

If you've looked at my system and my past systems, you've seen that I've been around a lot of high end systems for a lot of years. I was simply giving Richard, since we've talked before, an alternative, excellent speaker that lists for $5000.00, expensive too, but are here on Audiogon at a steal.

If you have a problem with that, not knowing that Richard and I have talked a few times in the past, I'm sorry.

Why don't you share your knowledge of what makes up the $7000.00 price of the C1? You may know marketing reasons for the price that most people do not. Who really knows why a company prices their products the way they do. It may be justified in the R&D and parts or it may be the companies reputation and expectations about what they can bring in for a product.

By the way, if anyone wants a Dynaudio Sapphire at dealer cost, brand new, but cosmetically damaged so that it's probably not resellable, I can hook them up.

Chuck
Listen to them properly set up compared to others at a similar or lesser price point and see what you think.

You are paying for two things: good looks and build quality and top notch sound in a small package.

I heard $5500/pair Totem Mani's recently and thought the same thing, but if you like the sound, then these pricey monitors are probably worth it. They can be very good when set up properly. Their limitations are dynamics at high volumes compared to larger designs and absolute low end extension. Many can live quite happily without these two things. They do what they do perhaps as well as most anything.
I'm just glad they didn't cost me as much as the Magico Mini II's at 32,000 or even Tidal starting at 18,000.

Krell_man
I've personally compared them a number of times at different dealers when I was auditioning other components.
Hi Chuck. Did you compare those to the C1's? What was better?
George
They use their own high quality drivers...not cheap mass produced stuff like most others...

The quality of Dynaudio drivers can only be appreciated by listening or by opening the box and seeing the relatively large and expensive drive motors...