The Golden era of Japanese integrated amps, are we missing out?

Maybe it’s just me but.....
I just threw together an el cheapo system with a Sansui A-2100 integrated at its heart and diminutive Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

And I still cannot get over just how good and right it sounds.... All for $240 total shipped!

So this got me thinking about the golden era of Japanese equipment and while tuners , tape decks and turntables appear to have large followings and a large knowledge and fan base, I do not get the same vibe on integrated amps?

Are there devotees of these amps out there?
I very rarely hear anybody talking about them and so many can be picked up for peanuts, I mean $75 shipped in perfect working order and decent cosmetics( and built in mm phono to boot!).
Are they likely to be the next " big thing" or?

Thoughts?
128x128uberwaltz
That says a lot about mythic gear and sound...Thanks for the anecdote Jetter...
The store I worked at in 1978 sold Cerwin Vega and many other well known quality brands of the day. People loved the muddy bass of the Cerwin Vega. I hated them...my least favorite. So there you go.
The vintage sound is obviously not going to be for everyone, likely myself included as a SOLE source of amplification.

However I was suitably impressed enough by what I am hearing for $75 to have created this thread and get some reactions and thoughts moving.

Maybe I get very lucky and got a good one and some great synergy with the little Wharfedale Diamond speakers and the Sansui amp?
Hey map, owed a buddy a favor and gave the stereo to him.  He never complained about it.  Had the 12" woofers, not the mega 15" ers.
My own experience is majority of people does not even know how good what they have sound like because of lack of cleaning methods for vibrations, room treatment,and clean electrical grid and also clean source...Without this 4 problems solved, at least partially, I does not like myself what I already have... The reason is simple, what I own sound astoundingly good because it was vintage legendary good product to begin with, but they does not sound good enough to me at first...I make solutions for these 4 problems and after that I was amazed by my gear, and the Sansui in particular( caps all changed to begins with by a good tech)…

Your sound is what you get if the toom is treated, the vibrations under controls, the electrical grid of the house under watch and controlled, and the source clean... Nevermind your gear...