Klipsch, high end?

I often hear statements regarding Klipsch speakers as being a very good speaker for use with low powered, mass market receivers. Does this make Klipsch a "cheap" or low quality speaker? In other words, How well would Klipsch (specifically the KLF-30,RF-3 or RP-5)Hold up in a high end system of multiple Bryston amps and a Proceed AVP? I was considering one of these Klipsch models and was wondering if they would be up to the task.
mborner
No, Klipsch speakers don't sound good with AVRs, which is the major problem, because that's what most hear them paired with. 

The 3rd iteration of legacy models are far more refined in the treble and mid-range than most of their HT towers. Anyone who claims they're nothing but harsh and fatiguing hasn't heard a legacy model paired with a competent PP tube amp.

I have a friend who runs Alnico le Scala's he has the riser mod with 2x  4" ports in front. that riser extends bass down into the mid 30's hz range making them much more fuller sounding and IMO takes them from ok to great. I agree they can if not set up right sound a little etched on top. My friend runs them on 2wpc (45 tubes) from Decwar and I have to say his system is one of the nicest I've listened to for horns ever (granted I have not a heard many) I think the le scala can sound wonderful if set up is done right, but shrill if not.

If anyone has Le Scala's you need to try the riser mod it changes nothing to your speakers if you don't like it remove the speaker form the riser and take away. but IMO takes the Le Scala to a whole new level in bass response. the Ports I don't fine changed any of the speed you get from the horn. 

his riser is 8" tall same dimensions as the Speaker, he took the bottom panel off the speaker and put the panel on the bottom of the riser,  then put the speaker on top with some sealing foam around the edge . he used 2x 4"x 9" PVC tubes for the ports located on the front of the riser. I think he said it took the bass from 50ish hz down to about 36hz I'd say that's well worth it since it did not effect the speed etc. from the horn loading. 

His system is making me feel the need to try horns myself. Anyone for some Living Voice speakers haha/ 
glen
La Scalas in particular seem particularly finicky. However I heard an apparently well set up pair (latest and greatest I think) at Capital Audiofest last year and the sound was particularly sharp, dynamic and captivating. Wish I could have spent more time in that room. I was expecting fatigue but did not happen at least in the ten minutes or so spent listening to whatever was playing.  Plus they are industrial works of art worth owning for that alone  IMHO regardless of how they sound.
Post removed