Magtech amplifier over heating.

I bought a magtech amp a few years ago and have had to send it back twice in less than a year. The Motorola thermal track transistors are not reliable. When the thermal sensor goes the amp will become very hot even in idle. The left channel failed back at the beginning of 2015 and then the right channel failed in October.The amp still worked but the heat sinks were very hot even at Normal listening. Roger has no problem with fixing the amp. But how often is this going to happen. I have an Aragon amp that I've had for 30 years and only had it repaired once due to my negligence. Has anyone else have this problem.
buddy2

I know Coda has made some changes to that Circuit in recent months... Might be worth giving Doug a call.  He will talk openly and honest, then you can follow up with Roger. 

Good Luck

gmon5748

Knowing Bill I’m sure if you point him to this thread he will get the replacement of the unreliable thermal sens transistors done with new ones and instructions Roger will send him. From what I see, they could be the little ones mounted by themselves on the heat sink on either side near the back of the amp, and don’t look too hard to replace, maybe without a dismantle job if that's them.

http://184.168.208.58/assets/images/image/AMPLIFICATION/Sanders%20Magtech/SandersMagtech-5(1).jpg

Get both amps done, and I suggest you don’t use them till they’ve been fixed, as over heating in the longer term spells slow degradation for any amp.

Cheers George

Any updates from the users of amps with the upgraded ThermalTrak transistors? Has the failure problem subsided?
rlovendale

Why don't you call Sanders Sound Systems and ask them directly?

I recently purchased a used Magtech amp on eBay and discussed this issue when I was considering whether to buy it or not.

They were very helpful and I have had no overheating issues.

BTW it's a great amp in my opinion!

Doug Stevens