Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

While IMHO in the past they may have hit the target, they weren't as close to the bullseye as some of the other proponents of time coherence; Meadowlark seems to be back:

http://www.meadowlarksings.com/designersbench.htm

holco

Good to see you again. Hope your Summer is going well.

How are your speakers sounding?

Happy Listening!

Jafant

The CS 2.4 are still sounding great, at this moment enjoying holidays in Portugal 🌞🌞🌞
Unsound - thanks for the links. Indeed direct drive could be awesome with today's technologies. As I've mentioned, active was our starting point in the mid 70s. Wish I could find that first crude research speaker: 10" 3-way with 3 home-brew amps and low-level active XOs. We thought we could create a technical success, but judged the market to be unreceptive to the idea, especially from an unknown start-up.  
Beetle - Thanks for the reference products.
Jim did control out of band problems as you say. However, his major tool was to create mirror circuits for the relevant troublesome resonances - electronic anti-resonance circuits if you will, which cancel each problem in the frequency & phase /time domain. Most of the parts in those huge xo networks are series and parallel shaping circuits to tame the driver misbehaviors through many octaves. Beyond just having the chops to pull it off, a big problem is the parts cost, and the juggling act of what to spend to reach what performance plateau.