Looking for a good full range floor stander

Hello all.  Making a good two way system for a 20 x 40x 12 high room budget 12k to 16 k.  Powered by a bryston 14b cubed amp.  Have a surround system with Golden ear ref and surrounds powered by parasound a21 for mains  and Carver cinema grand for surrounds. Like the GEs  The speakers I'm looking for will be for music only lots of jazz (female vocalist a fav), classical, classic rock and roll (70's and up).  I have heard good things about proac k6, Joseph audio, and a few others but am not within 4 hours of audition range.  Real interested in people in the know about the proac or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
paliden
@audiotroy ,Just curious - have you heard the ProAc D48 in a setting similar to OP's room?
@paliden,I had sent you a PM about my dealer for ProAc. Talk to him about the ProAc D48R, K3 and K6.
Millipi we don’t have to the specs for the job are wrong.

This is not our first Rodeo remember the fact that we design Movie Theaters, as well as professional design experience for over 30 years, and the specs for loudspeakers, amplifiers, and room size are all part of the design methodology required for Home Theater.

Many Home Theaters are modeled on paper long before the room is built, acoustical panels go in and the calibration is done.

We have covered the points all before of why the Proac loudspeaker is not the right model for this very large room’s volume, in all of our posts, and by the way we could also supply a set of Proacs to this gentleman as we work with Proac’s US importer.

One glaring obvious point is the Bryston’s 600 watt power output with a speaker whose maximum power handling is 250 watts.

One large peak with the volume turned up a bit, and boom fried woofers.

As we have stated before the chance of us selling the OP is low, he may be half way across the country.

As per the Proacs they are excellent loudspeakers, they are well made, use supeb drivers and do many things really well, Proac is not known howerver, for their ability to play loud and fill up giant rooms. 

It is totally possible that the Proac D48 might sound as good or even better than the Leagacy Focus we were recommening however Bill Dudleston designs speakers that can be used as a PA, there was a set of Focus used at one show actually as a PA loudspeaker.

Bill lDuddleston the lead designer of Legacy, ikes displacement, big woofers, 12-15 inch bass drivers, his speakers play loud, handle lots of power, and are electrically efficient, also many models have built in amplifier or passive woofers, add in a sweet sounding Heil tweeter and the option of electronic room control it adds up why we recommend these speakers for this application, they also remind us of the Golden Ear Trition References which we sell and this gentleman also likes. 

Do we personally feel that the Legacy are the world's best speakers, that is a much harder question, personally if I won the lottery, a pair of Focal Grande Utopia EVO III or a set of the 400k Kharma references with the four Acuton Diamond midranges would be in the Living Room way faster than almost any loudspeaker. 

Our recommendation are sound and any loudspeaker that fits the criteria we have listed several times in this thread would work. 

We also mentioned D2 Girls JBLs would work well, a large set of Avante Gardes, a set of big Klipsch horns, a giant set of Willsons, Maxxs, a giant set of Focals would also be canidates. 

Unless the OP has a preamp that can effectively roll off the bass frequencies to the main louspeakers and then integrate a set of subwoofers any similar loudspeaker with limited efficiency, smaller woofers, that can not handle gobs of power is not going to work.

We have repaired many loudspeakers that were damaged in this kind of enviornment, you must remember that a very large room has totally different requirements than a room that is 20 by 20 or 20 by 30, and the size of the ceiling makes a huge difference in room volume.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor

Dave a Bryston cubed amp with a Proac ribbon tweeter in a live room is not bright. I've had this exact set-up and it was fantastic. The new cubed amps have a smoother top end than the older SST2 models.

1 (2) JL Audio Fathom f112 subs @ 15"x18.5"x17.75" in size would completely disappear in a 20'x40'x12' room.
2 Using JL Audio's Digital Automatic Room Optimization EQ system makes for a seamless integration. The auto-EQ measures your room, attenuates the bass peaks and smooths out the bottom end. Stereo subs actually make for a smoother bass response.
3 Placing 2 small black subs in or near the corner of the front wall would visually disappear.
4 Bryston makes 2 Electronic crossover units. The 10B-STD and the 10B-SUB. Since the OP has a Bryston 17b3 preamp and a 14b3 amp, I'm sure would be an ideal match.

Other Issues:

1 Having a 600 watt amp doesn't necessarily mean you use all of the power to drive the speakers. A 600 watt amp has the ability to damage just about any loudspeaker.
2 Using two Proac D48R's crossed over @ say 80Hz into two JL subs would have no problem moving massive amounts of air in a large room.

I've heard the D48R's in a large room (with no sub) play very very loud.

As everyone knows this is just one of many ways the OP could go.

Actually having a really large room may be easier to achieve good sound. Small rooms tend to have bass problems that are difficult to control.

Thanks for your input and again good luck to the OP.
Post removed 
Check out a few ads for the Pioneer S-1ex’s .  My friend has just sold his S-1ex’s and bought TAD CR -1’s fo r20g’s,  and said close to 90% of the S-1ex’s