Cambridge Audio CD Player Has Died

I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD player that is roughly 15 years old. A year ago the left channel went dead & was subsequently repaired. However, yesterday the audio output completely died (no sound whatsoever). Although the unit has served me well, I am reluctant to continue to put more money into repairs of an older unit.

That being said, I have a question for those of you who have more expertise than I. Is there a discernible difference in sound quality between high-end CD players & those more moderately priced? Although I do have a high-quality audio system, I would prefer not to spend a lot of money on a new CD player unnecessarily.
Thank you so much.
Kit
kitjv
Well darn,that's too bad they are no longer available.I know nothing about the Shiit brand except what I've read.People seem to either love em or hate em.

This cd player had some known cap issues that was resolved with replacement of certain ones. My 840C was serviced by Audio Plus Sevices (authorized service center) 1/2015 and I have not had a problem. Below is a link you might find helpful.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/227531-cambridge-840c.html
Thank you for the link. However, I opted to exchange the defective Azur 840C for a discount on the CXC transport.