Horn Speaker Recommendations

I am looking for your feedback on what Horn speakers I should consider in the $15k-$40k price range.  Please describe the rationale for your recommendations.  
willgolf
Providing the big hall sound does mean a tradeoff. Pinpoint imaging is sacrificed along with the single position ultimate sweet spot.
My system does not seem to have that tradeoff. I get pinpoint imaging along with a huge soundstage- the bigger the room, the better.

I like to play King Crimson's Islands at shows- the string bass in the first track is very natural and the bass drum later in that same track is quite visceral. The shimmer of the cymbals in ELP's self titled first LP is wonderful- I have a Pink Island copy which is a bit smoother and more lively than the US vinyl. The guitar sound on Yes' The Yes Album (plum label UK Atlantic) is just like the amp is sitting right in front of you.

Meanwhile EMI made some impressive classical recordings about the same time- one of them, The Wand of Youth I like to play as a demo of depth, detail and dynamic range (Wild Bears track). So when its a 70s recording, is that just rock or is classical included? Does it matter if its Kraut Rock, British or American?

The fact of the matter is speakers have no taste of their own and a good speaker is equally good at rock or jazz as it is classical or folk. The idea that a speaker is especially suited for a certain period or genre of music seems to be one of the bigger myths that exists in audio.

Mrdecibel1

I would be curious to get your opinion on the Rethm Saadhana (if you have heard them).  They have powered bass built in (obviously not horn) but designed to avoid the disconnect and goes down to 18Hz.  I find their sound wonderful (but obviously that is my opinion).  Did you hear a disconnect?
Obviously,, the Rethm would be pricier than your suggestion, but less 'work' as a plug and play so to say.

Thanks

dseltz
Mrdecibel

Sorry, I am curious as you seem quite knowledgeable and I am relatively new to horns.  I have only heard unmodified Klipsch and I preferred the Rethm to these.  Thanks again
Tannoy Horns should be on your list to audition if you can live with their vintage looks. I currently own Westminster SEs, and had RHRs before. Both excellent speakers. I had Avantgarde Duos approx 10yrs ago. Mids/highs were really good, I just didnt like the factory subwoofers too much. PBN M2!5 is an interesting speaker. I never heard them, but I have a lot of respect for PBN speakers, and have owned many pairs of their speakers in the past. I wouldnt rule out JBL speakers. People always talking crap about them have no idea what they can build.
Much wisdom in the last paragraph of Ralph's (atmasphere) last post. 

If a reviewer says something about a particular speaker being better suited to one form of music or another this is a really bad sign.