Horn Speaker Recommendations

I am looking for your feedback on what Horn speakers I should consider in the $15k-$40k price range.  Please describe the rationale for your recommendations.  
willgolf
MrD --- i will have a totally separate theater room in my new home which will be acoustically perfect.  Unfortunately, my two channel room is a combination great room and kitchen. That is my current set up and the music still sounds incredible.  I understand it is not going to be acoustically perfect but I know when I am sitting 15 ft away from the speakers, I will totally enjoy the music.  It is also why I have to have the speakers close to the rear wall.  
Balancing aesthetics with sound will always be in play. Room size, amplification and emotional appeal all contribute to the selection. Many knowledgeable people have weighed in on what's right for them, the ultimate determinant is what's right for you. Having recently become part of the JBL 4367 club, I can say that the 70's sound I have been looking  for is now in place. I owned a pair of L166 Horizons for over 25 years and have spent the last 15 trying to improve upon them. Klipsch, Triangle, Sonus Faber and Harbeth have all been cycled through the process. The elimination of JBL due to the boxy look is shortsighted. I power mine with a Mac C2300 pre and MC275 power and could not be more pleased. Bob James at low volume is relaxed and precise with a dynamic range that brings the room to life. At volume, they present a percussive side that is akin to Dead & Co at the Hollywood Bowl in full swing. Literally brought tingles to my arms. No sub required, just a two way that is nothing short of amazing.
Well emotion is a large part of the experience and what we all seek, but I dont understand the reference to 70s sound. The goal should be truth and an honest and accurate representation of the original material. This is the only benchmark that is acceptable to me. 

Umm....The guy likes the sound of 70's speakers? Is that so hard to grasp? Thats what makes him happy....he doesnt care what makes you happy. Looking at your posts everything is about You You You and its your way or the highway. Well guess what??

JBL Monitors are the obvious choice to get the "70's" sound if thats what your after. These were the speakers used in almost every studio to create the albums from that time period...hence the term "Studio Monitors". So THIS is the sound as was intended at the time of the creation of the music. How do you get more truthful and accurate as that?

I have the L166 and they were completely restored to Spec by MILLERSOUND who is famous for their restoration services for vintage speakers. I find them paired with other JBL monitors with better midrange to be a great combination (4312A, 4412 etc). L166 have great highs but definitely leave something to be desired in the mids....to my ears. Im sure the 15K JBL 4367 Horns are amazing. My buddy had them but then upgraded to the AG Duo Mezzo and the 4367 left the building.

With all the blah blah blah presented by jsautter, in his 200 posts, he does not mention what speakers he owns. I am sure they are wonderful, but, probably a speaker not for everyone. Let’s have it, jsautter ? Let us know what your " benchmark " is, considering, a perfect speaker, does not exist, always having trade offs.