These new POLK LSiM's look tempting

I read on Polk forum the top line towers will run $4,000/pr. Due out in early 2011. I'm looking forward to the reviews. Very attractive looking.

http://bitstream.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2010/08/polks-new-lsi-m-blackstone-and-vanishing-series-speakers.html
aberyclark
Also had the LSi9 bookies, and went to Dynaudio, but the Focus 140's. It's not often, but there are times when I miss the 9's, believe it or not. They conveyed a level of texture that the Dyns lack, so I'll also be waiting to try these out - mainly the bookers.
The change's with the new LSiM serie's. Polk has done away with the Vifa ring radiator tweeter and now design's their own ring radiator tweeter they claim is superior to the Vifa. The new serie's are 8 ohms. The top model, the 707 goes down to 20 hz and can easily handle amps at 1000 watts
rms which Polk has informed me directly. The new serie's has greater detail. The biggest change is they have greater echo decay, three dimensional holographic imaging and very deep hall effect which was lacking in the previous LSi serie's. Polk claim's the new serie's are their best and greatest speaker design in the history of the company since 1972. The new cabinet design and the dark mahogany finish is gorgeous. If their statement's are true, they have achieved the best high end value ever in the history of high end Audiophile speaker's. For the 707, a four way speaker to
achieve all of this at $4K a pair is simply unheard of. It appears they have produced an all time winner!
I have read the oval "race track" woofers are actually better then many round woofers, is this true and if so how come only a handful use them?
I heard the new Polks at both LSAF and RMAF ... both times they were very thick and muddy sounding, bass was WAY out of balance with the rest of the spectrum. I guess if you like that kind of the sound you'll like the Polks. If you like balance though, look elsewhere.