Is the Esoteric P03/D03 still relevant?

Don't mean to be asking a dumb question, but I have no actual experience in Esoteric.

Is the P03/D03 still a good source to buy today? Say if I wanted to use it as a cdp and as a dac for my network? Or am I better off buying some of the newer less pricey (when new) single box esoterics?

Thanks!
joey_v
The D 03 uses the Analog devices AD1955 dac chip. Don't know much about that dac but I do know the newer Esoteric stand alone dac's use the AK dac chips. Since the p/d 03 retails for 28,000.00 I can only assume it is an excellent product. I would look into that particular analog devices dac chip to see what others say. If it is an older chip, I would go for something else.

I have an Esoteric stand alone player, the UX-3. It uses the Burr Brown PCM 1704 chip which I like very much. The sound is sublime and the build quality is one of if not the best in the business.
I have a X03SE bought used as the seller was moving up to the new K01.

It has been a delight and I feel it was money well spent. Doubt I will get another spinner but if I do I will in all likelihood be buying Esoteric.

Have Fun!
I've owned both the single box and separate Esoterics. I used to own the X-03 and the P3/D5 combo. If I was in the market for a CDP I would definitely get Esoteric again. Their drive mechanism is incredible. The sound is detailed yet non fatiguing. That being said, I would go for the single box units unless you have a GREAT system and really superb hearing. To me there isnt enough of a difference to justify the increase in price.
I've owned several Esoteric players, great drive mechanisms but the sound to my ears was just to sterile YMMV.
Perhaps what Joey_v is trying to get here is some feedback whether to buy P03/D03
combo or its newer one box brethren say K-01x or K-03x assuming similar price point -
used for former, and new unit the later. Also if the older combo's sound is comparatively
still relevant in current state of digital.