Best audio tweak ever, especially for the over 60s

Get your ears dewaxed at least once a year. After I had the procedure I had to wind back the volume on my amp and iPhone by about 30%. Detail improvement was also incredible. Much cheaper than a $5000 DAC.
128x128mazian
Does ear hair act as comb filter? Can you just have a comb over? Can you tie it in a knot, can you tie it in a bow, does your hair hand low? 

I read this, it sounds so logical that I bought an ear cleaning kit and then read up on it. Probably not a great idea:

"According to the American Academy of Otolaryngology ears ideally never need to be cleaned “for 99 percent of people." There is a natural mechanism that sweeps earwax out like a conveyor belt every time you chat or chew. For the remaining 1%, cotton swabs are not the answer. Instead, those people that tend to create excessive, stubborn ear wax should turn to occasional extraction by a medical provider.

"Home-care earwax systems use a gentle liquid in a syringe to flush out the ear canal. While generally safe to use, these home-care systems sometimes cause earwax to melt, and then residual earwax can re-solidify inside the ear canal like cement against the ear drum."

Typical CYA: don't try this at home. Professional driver on a closed course. Yada yada yada. 

Because, spazos. Lots and lots of em. Only thing worse than spazos, lawyers. Hence the rampant CYA.

Not a spaz? Not a lawyer? Read on!

You know the tiny little straw comes with WD-40? Fits nice and snug into any ordinary eye dropper. Squirt water in ear, head sideways over sink.

Same exact thing we do here in the clinic all the time. Except we have a much bigger bottle, and trick little sink.