Horns and 2in Drivers

Anyone here using horns with a 2in drivers setup?
jsman
IMHO a 6" loaded horn would be a minimum requirement but obviously it's a case of getting the proper mount and experimenting with the angle so that everyone in the room is happy.

Anyone here using horns with a 2in drivers setup?

10 year old revived thread - hardly relevant as is? Oh, well..

If by "2in drivers" is meant the exit diameter, then yes: the B&C DCM50 midrange compression driver in my main speakers sports a 2" exit, but not in tandem with the way compression drivers are usually configured - i.e.: with a voice coil diameter the same size as the diaphragm - the B&C unit uses a 2" voice coil coupled to a 5" (paper composite) diaphragm, much the same way as the RCA MI-1428 field coil driver of yore (build from the late 1920’s, if I’m not incorrect), the vintage driver B&C has sought to more or less replicate with the DCM50. As implemented in my speakers the sonic result is wonderfully uninhibited, unflappable (at any SPL), insightful, and naturally warm.
Yes Klipsch 1132 drivers on K-402 horns and they are stellar.  2" drivers are light years ahead of smaller ones in every way. By the way the crossover point for these is set to 450hz and it has no issues at all doing this. You want to play at real live concert levels bump it up to 500hz and have a good ear doctor because you will need him.