DAC/Streamers Under 10k - Mytek, PS Audio...

Let's imagine you only listen to streaming music (Tidal, Qubuz, Apple Music, Youtube, etc). Roon is a pretty good way to stream higher quality to a Roon core (though the interface is horrendous) and for everything else you want to use AirPlay (which is lossless). What's the best option for a DAC-Streamer out there? I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, which sounds excellent, but I don't love that I need to attach a USB cable to a computer to get the music to play (using a MacBook Pro currently).

There is the 
- Mytek Manhattan II w/ Network Card - $7k
- PS Audio DirectStream - $6k
- Lumin X1 - $14k (well over budget)
- Ayre QX-5 Twenty - $9k (might not support AirPlay)
- something from NAIM?
- ???

I've seen very few comparisons in the space so I just don't even know what's out there.
(For reference, the system is currently MBP > Mytek Brooklyn > Mc C47 > Mc MC452 > B&W 802 D3 with all Audioquest cabling)
Ag insider logo xs@2xmayoradamwest
@stolpovsky Are you considering using the Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst as a preamp with DAC?

Can you output the signal from the LINN to another analog preamp? The LINN and it is a really fine product. A shame it did not have analog inputs other than the phono.
I'd give strong consideration to the Manhattan II.....it is a very competent piece of gear.  I had the Manhattan I and now Manhattan II.....one thing I haven't had much desire to swap out.  I've actually had VERY good support from Mytek...I just recommend calling them on the phone rather than email etc.

It is a totally different sound from the PS audio you mentioned which will sound very soft compared to Mytek.
OP 

A few points.  First, Bluesound does support AirPlay.
Second, I am a former owner of the Manhatten I.  I loved it but I declined to upgrade to Manhatten II.  I currently use the Bryston DAC3.  These are very different sounding DACs, with the Mytek being very detailed and occasionally a bit to clinically.  The Bryston has just as much detail but it is more of a mid concert hall experience rather than a front row seat.
  I also have the Bryston BDP3 streamer.  It’s two boxes, but together they would be in your price range.  It is a major sonic upgrade from my previous streamer, Bluesound Vault2, but the app is clunky.
@mahler123 Are you using Roon with your setup? To me the appeal of a streamer (separate or integrated with the DAC) is that I can use streaming services and NAS, while controlling it with something that has an intuitive and pleasant to use interface (maybe Roon on iPad or PC, or something similar). A clunky app would totally kill the buzz for me. Can you comment on that, please? Does Bryston require a proprietary app to control the BDP3? 
Rockna Audio’s sister company AudioByte have just released a dac with separate power supplies, with a yet to be released streamer to complete the stack all for under $6,000.00.
AudioByte Hydra Vox dac and Hub streamer stack.

Audio manufacturers like PS Audio and other highly regarded brands have commissioned Rockna to help develop their own digital products, brilliant guy with much to offer .

The description of the AudioByte stack is really very interesting and I will listen this new dac next month .
US dealers Vlad Bazelkov AudioMirror.com and MikePowell.com I believe is the North American distributor for AudioByte.