Jay's Audio CDT2-MK2

I just received my Jay's Audio transport, about which much has been written in this forum.  I hadn't considered upgrading my Wadia 8 Transport, even after reading @teajay's review of the Jay's transport, but I suddenly started having some issues with the Wadia and figured it might be time to look at something else.  
I have heard the Marantz SA-10 is a great CD player, but I don't need a DAC and I only play Redbook discs, so that player seemed overkill and overly expensive for my needs.  I have also dreamed of owning a Esoteric CD player for many years, but they also cost more than I have wanted to spend on a CD player.  When I read the review(s) on the CDT2-MK2 I became very intrigued, and recently decided to buy one.  
BTW, I noticed on their website they only show silver as a color option, so I decided to send them a message to see if I could get it in black.  To my delight he said yes, so let it be known that it is available in black and that mine is indeed, black.  If you were to ask be how much blacker it could possibly be, I'd simply answer, "none."  None more black.
Anyway, I can tell you one thing that I've learned so far, the color of the unit has nothing to do with its sound quality.  
The sound quality is quite simply the best I have ever heard in my system.  I realize that I'm writing this after a mere three hours of listening, but sometimes components have that kind of impact.  This transport is really amazing. 
I wanted to share my initial impressions right away.  I hope to have something more to say after the unit is properly broken in.  For now all I can say is it was worth every penny spent.   
128x128snackeyp
12:10amThanks George.
By the way, I bought the Holo Spring 2 DAC, KTE version. I could not be happier with this DAC. It is just musical. No need to elaborate.
John
Do you like the NOS mode the best like I did?

Cheers George
Hi Guys 
I have owned many cd transports and 
dacs .
The best I have heard so far is the Jays Transport with Mojo Audio R2R Ladder Dac with Black Cat Digit 75 digital cable.
my next purchase will be a Denafrips Terminator along with Black Cat Tron 
Jays Transport deserves the best.
Its like listening to the best analog system with the dynamics of cds.
Hey shakira,

What makes you think the Denafrips Termintor will be a setup from your Mojo Audio R2R Ladder Dac?  Different, possibly, better not necessarily.

@georgehifi 
I purchased a CDM-4 unit from one of the ebay links you sent.  Thanks for providing this info.  
The unit arrived this week and I just have a question.
Is the Jay's Audio unit a modified version of the Philips mechanism?  
The one I received looks a bit different from the one in the CD transport.  I'm wondering if Jay's uses the guts of the Philips mech and has some of their own original parts as well?  I know the clamp is not included in the Philips mech but I'm wondering what else is modified?  
My question is partially meant to make sure I got the right thing, since I will likely not need to use it for a very long time, if ever, and I'm also just curious how Jay's constructed this great transport.  
Thanks for any insight you might have.  
Is the Jay’s Audio unit a modified version of the Philips mechanism?
The one I received looks a bit different from the one in the CD transport.

I doubt very much if there’s any laser modding going on, maybe someones fibbing on what’s inside.
I went with what nonoise said in the 5th post that it was a Philips CDM4
Same as in this ad pic no 9 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jays-Audio-CDT-2-MK2-Audiophile-CD-Transport-Player-Hi-Fi-Philips-CDM4-Movement-/262906620499

Take some pics of both and post them up free at https://imgbb.com/ and post the links here to them so we can have a look, at any differences.

Cheers George