Comments/opinions on Monitor Audio PL200's

Has anyone heard Monitor Audio’s Platinum PL200 speakers and if so, any comments/opinions on them would be greatly appreciated. The speakers got a good review in the April 2010 issue of Stereophile. They’re not cheap at $8000 a pair. How might they compare with the new Nautilus 803 Diamonds which are 10,000 a pair?
hobbyist_and_reader
I think their entire line is underrated. I love my GS10s and I'll be upgrading to the PL100 here in the next few months. They are simply fantastic. Love the ribbon tweeter. And yes, go with the PL300. Much more fulfilling. Good luck.
I certainly appreciate the input and opinons that I have received.

My concern with regard to the PL300 versus the PL200 is that the PL300 may well be too big for my room which measures approximately 17 X 16 upon re-measuring it. The room is actually the master bedroom which also serves as a listening room. I am going to locate a dealer this coming week so I can listen to the speakers.
Inpieces is correct. Especially if you are willing to drop $8k on a pair of speakers you should factor in some for correcting your rooms acoustical problems. I think you'll benefit either way whether you go with the 200 or 300. 300 will really only be a fuller sound and better, lower bass response but aside from that there really aren't too many differences. Take it for what its worth but if you go with the 300 you'll never say "I wish I knew what the 300s sounded like."

And since there weren't many comments on the B&Ws you mentioned I figure I'll give you my summary. They kind of sound like a fancy set of Bose speakers. I heard them through an all McIntosh setup with mono-blocks and the works from both CD and Vinyl. They were very colored. Not my forte but a lot of people seem to like them. I think you can do a lot better with the MAs. But its your choice and your ears.

Don't forget room treatments!
I was listening 803D and MA pl300 side by side at the dealer's room.Without doubt I liked Pl300 better .From the start PL300 sounded better in every area.Better transperancy,dynamics ,soundstage,bass.Definetly 803D was on the dark side.After that I listened Dynaudio Contour s5.4 and C4.Bass,Bass and vocals.Bass was tunefull,but lacked clarity compared to PL300.If I had room for big speakers,my choice would have been Ma pl300.
I just purchased a pair of PL200s and am very pleased. They are probably a bargain at their price and I preferred them to B&W 804s which I also considered. I am using them in a relatively small room with several sonic panels. I originally powered via my Marantz 9600 receiver but added a B&K 200.2 to power them and I felt the sound improved considerably. They seem to demand the 200+ watts per channel to really sing. Fit and finish is phenomenal. I recommend.