Sub to complement KEF LS50s: SVS vs. Rythmik

Hi all. I'm considering adding a subwoofer to my current set up: Bluesound NODE2i (Tidal MQA) to Cronus Magnum II to KEF LS50s. I'd like to supplement the KEF's on the lower ranges.

I'm considering 2 subs and have located a few deals:

1. Salk Sound Rythmik F12 in white for ~$1100 
  2. SVS SB4000 for ~$1200

I particularly like the room control on the SB4000, but am not wed to it. Any thoughts between the two? Anything else you'd recommend in this price range?

A few other notes: room is 12 x 30 feet, with a wall of windows (NYC condo). Acoustic paneling is next! Likely don't need all the size/wattage that either of these subs provide. Perhaps getting a MartinLogan "X" with the room correction could suffice, but would rather buy top notch and be done with it.

I'll utilize this for 75% music / 25% movies. Music tends to be bluesrock/jam bands/jazz

jdtalv
Hello jtcf,

I’m really glad you had the curiosity to learn more about the 4-sub DBA concept, took the initiative to give it a try in your room and that it’s performing so well for you.
I always find it difficult to describe just how well the 4-sub DBA concept performs in virtually any room and with any main speakers. It’s a bit frustrating because I try to spread the word through lengthy and thorough posts that likely only convince a few people sufficiently to give it a try, such as yourself, while understanding all along that even a brief audition of a good quality 4-sub DBA system would probably convince literally everyone. I take some solace in knowing that I don’t think it’s possible to overstate just how exceptionally well this concept actually performs. I sense an almost magical quality to how universally well this concept works which I attribute to the amazing psychoacoustic dynamics involved, mainly how our brains process an abundance of bass room modes existing in any given room that causes our perceptions to be that the bass is fast, smooth, detailed and natural.
There’s also another Audiogon member, dbphd, I’ve been working with and he’s just awaiting two of his Velodyne 15" subs to be repaired before setting up his own custom 4-sub DBA system. He’s also be using KEF LS50s for his main speakers and some of his surrounds in his combo music and HT system. Jdtalv may want to follow any existing and near future threads from dbphd for some very relevant info.

Enjoy,
 Tim
Have you listened to the HSU VTF-3 MK5HP, or the VTF-15H MK2, subs they are both less than $1,000.00 and are very versatile in that you can use them for stereo installations (2 channel) or for HT set-ups.
What a great post. Noble 100, very informative. I am considering a sub, but reasoned 2 might be better. Now, maybe 3!! Or 4.... The science is fascinating. 
Yet another option is the Vandersteen 2Wq sub.  Very musical sub with a unique integration system.  Here's one available now...

https://tmraudio.com/speakers/subwoofers/vandersteen-2wq-powered-subwoofer-wx-2-crossover-walnut-fin...

I buy buy into the multiple sub thing too, but if you go with one sub you can do far worse than this Vandy for the money.  Best of luck. 
I have been using 2 SVS SB-1000s to give a bit more kick to a wonderful pair of PSB T2s for years.  My NAD 390DD DAC/amp allows for a flexible crossover point and low pass gain adjustment.  Adding Dirac Live to the mix helps even things out and lock timing down.

I would add that smaller subs are just less ridiculous looking in a room as well.  My SB-1000s (white finish with white grilles) both sit on the bottom shelf of some pretty standard maple bookcases.  No one even notices they are there.  The bigger subs you mentioned above are certainly capable - but there is no hiding something of that size.