KEF Reference 107/2s + KEF LS50s

Tomorrow I want to try something, and I seek advice about how to implement it. My KEF Reference 107/2 are biwired to Parasound JC 1 mono blocks. I'd like to try substituting a pair of KEF LS50s for the mid and HF drivers of the 107/2s. I propose to disconnect the XLR connections to the mid/HF drivers and connect the biwires that go to those sections to the LS50s. The 107/2s use a KUBE for crossover and equalization, and I propose to continue using that. Does my plan seem feasible?

db
dbphd
So how did it go?
Since the 107 heads contain their own crossover circuitry (designed to work with the kube) I have to think the crossovers in the LS50 would be a less than ideal pairing.

Not that I would try it, but I am curious how your experiment worked out.
I'm listening to my restored R107/1 as I write, and can't imagine them sounding any better.
I unplugged the XLR connector, lifted the heads, set the LS50s where the heads had been, and connected the mid/HF biwire to the LS50s -- the 107/2s are set up for biwiring. I didn't adjust the KUBE. The combination sounded very good, but the R107/2s are such magnificent sounding speakers I returned the heads.

The idea came to me because much to my surprise the KEF R600C with a Uni-Q similar to that used in the LS50 matches the 107/2s so well for mch and HT.

So the experiment was a success as an experiment, but I too can't imagine the 107/2s sounding any better.

db
I did the exact same thing! I have since gone to a pair of NHT 12" subs.