Harbeth-7es or Fritzspeakers carbon-7

These are 2 speakers that people always rave about. I haven't heard either. The Harbeths are sold through traditional B&M stores stores so you have to pay the full mark-up. The Fritz speakers are sold direct so you don't pay the dealer mark-up. I'm wondering If these speakers are comparable. The Harbeths retail for 3500.00 and the Fritz speakers sell for 1750.00. I would Imagine the Fritz speakers would retail for about 3000.00 If they were sold through normal distribution channels. If anyone here have heard both I would love to hear your comments.
taters
Taters what about taking the C-7's to the Harbeth dealer. If can't take a speaker home to try it, how can you tell if it's going to work properly in your set up? I can see an issue with some large floorstanders but a small monitor shouldn't be a problem.
I own a pair of the Carbon 7's. I've had them for over 2 years and really like them. I've never heard the Harbeth 7es. I'm considering upgrading in the Fritz line. I will be talking to Fritz soon.
The reason for the upgrade is because I was able to listen to the Jas Orior Grand floorstanders ($6500.00 retail) that I purchased from Quest for Sound. They were an improvement over the Carbon 7's in regards to improved air, imaging and faster in general. However, I returned them because I couldn't live with the ribbon tweeters which were to sharp & sibilant with most vocals. The Jas included the Accuton ceramic driver that Fritz uses in one of his mini-monitors. This ceramic driver really impressed me. In regards to Tulz43's comment Fritz now has a larger line of monitors since I last spoke to him so I'm hoping to find a replacement for the Carbon 7's but I will be spending a considerable amount more.
Comparing the Harbeth to the Fritz Carrera or Illumiator 7Be could be interesting. Has anyone heard these Fritz models?
The New Carbon SE with the new lighter revelator woofer is very Good and the illuminater Tweeter is superb
Harbeth Xover is not in the same league. the fritz SE is NEW more musical and for sure better on top then there $40HBeth tweeter,granted the midrange on the Harbeth is excellent but using cheap Xover parts
takes away from the sonic purity. Fritz uses Clarity ESA capacitor in a very simple 1st order Xover Mundorf resistors and awg 14 air core inductors .Harbeth use nothing remotely as goodjust look inside.I stand by this statement 100% I have been in this field for many years .it is your money!! p.s This SE speaker is new and no formal reviews but several will be out soon.