Original Blue Notes vs Reissues

I am trying to understand the hype with original Blue Notes sounding better than say Music Matters, Classic Records Reissues, or Tone Poets reissues.  I have many originals and I am trying to figure out other than the collectibility of the record, the Original Blue Notes really just different sounding, certainly not better than the newer reissues mentioned above.  Unless you can get the original for about 20 bucks, I see no reason to spend thousands of dollars on originals.  Most of the time, they are not as good  anyways, noisy, and not in the best shape yet many really push those older pressings, why?  Other than collectibility, why?
tzh21y
Sadly some (like T.P. of Better Records) have realized the attraction of original pressings and have contrived to gin up the prices for once common musical fare. 
And the fact is that analog tape can and does deteriorate over time. So those old original pressings may be the "freshest" sounding of unique musical moments!
Post removed 
You can talk and talk and talk this one to death. Or you can just go buy a BetterRecords.com White Hot Stamper and then you will know:

Its not that the originals are all better. They are all different. Same as the reissues are all different. No two copies sound exactly the same. Don't take my word for it. Play any two back to back and hear for yourself. 

So the way it works is, among the many copies of original pressings are some that sound spectacularly good. So good you can hardly even believe it. I mean just jaw-droppingly good.

By and large, if you can average such a thing, then original pressings sound better than reissues. Some reissues are just pure crap. Honestly, the only reason everyone doesn't know almost all reissues are crap is because almost no one ever gets to hear just how good those spectacularly good sounding originals are. Because they are so few and far between. Otherwise, if you care about sound quality, then you would be like me and never throwing your money away on a reissue ever again and dissing reissues every chance you get.

Thousands by the way, if you are in it for sound quality, is a ripoff. For sound quality you only need to pay several hundred at most. Anything beyond that and you aren't buying a record, you're collecting a stamp.