Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
I have had and listened to many amps and have been in this stupid game many years. I have settled on class d because it sounds so Damn good for the money but also for the convenience. Yes a krell fpb300 sounds better than my sti500 but not that much better, and costs way more up front, way more to run and will probably need repair sooner. The only real area that is better is some image depth and 3d, but its not much. I don't think there is better value than good class d. Plus I have never even listen to good class d, driven by a really good tube amp. That may be the real end game!
Have fun playing the game! I do.
Have enjoyed this thread. I’m narrowing my search between Bel Canto REF600m’s, and PSAudio M700’s. 

Currently own Bel Canto REF500s, driving Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand SEs.

If anyone has experience with both the 600M and the M700, I would appreciate your impressions. Thanks.
guidocorona said..." I will post some observations about the darling Rowland M535 tomorrow... It won’t be the complete review, but I’ll try address some differences between M535 in stereo mode, and a bridged pair..Saluti, Guido"

Hello Guido... Is the Rowland M535 review by any chance close to nearing completion yet?

Thanks...Mark

arcamguy
If anyone has experience with both the 600M and the M700

A buddy and I thought the BC 600M’s were the best we’ve heard Class-D we were very taken by them, but it was on a benign flat 6ohm impedance load Rahl ribbon 2way speaker, we heard it on something else and it didn’t do near as good. And it’s too expensive here in OZ over $7k a pair

My buddy then went OS and got to listen to the Technics SE-R1 "GaN based output Class-D with 1.5mHz switching frequency", he text while listening and said "this technology is the future forget the 600m’s".

Cheers George
After a lot of soul searching, yesterday I pulled the trigger on a RIc Schultz EVS 1200 (600wpc). His product page, does not yet reflect a number of newer mods