Musicians in your living room vs. you in the recording hall?

When it comes to imaging, soundstage and mimicking a recorded presentation, which do you prefer?
Do you want to hear musicians in your living room, or do you want to be transported to the space where the musicians were?
erik_squires
Hi Erik,

You’ll find the following thread from 2010 to be of interest, as it discussed exactly the same question:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/quot-they-are-here-quot-vs-quot-you-are-there-quot

I had a number of lengthy posts in that thread, but the bottom line in my case was (and is):

Almarg 9-5-2010
As someone who listens primarily to classical music, my goal is to duplicate as closely as possible the experience of hearing a live performance from a good seat in a good hall (less extraneous sounds from the audience or other sources, of course). Therefore I am in the "you are there" camp.

Best regards,
-- Al

Both. Since my listening room is as small as a small venue I can enjoy both.

A listening room that is too small (like a bedroom) tends to leave too much of its own sonic signature. Same with a very large room like a gymnasium. In between is ideal - around 5000 cubic feet being optimal. There should be plenty of space behind the listener.
Tried it both ways. Greatly prefer being transported to the recording venue. The problem with having the musicians there in your room is the mess they always leave behind. 
I have both between TW Acustic AC3 turntable and Esoteric 03SX CD player with Purist cables and MAGICO speakers.