Theoretical question about how CD's work

Theoretically, can the contents of a CD be printed out onto sheets of paper in 1’s & 0’s, re-entered digit by digit (say, by a generous helper monkey with an infinite lifespan) into some sort of program, and the same sound will be replicated? Just trying to understand how CD’s work (though I’ve been trying for 25 years and it still seems like magic to me).
sealrock
Geoff, I've noticed that you have frequently posted about the scattered light problem since you started selling a product to help eliminate this problem.  There's nothing wrong with that if you discovered a problem and came up with a solution. 

It would be helpful to us and you, though, if you provided the evidence that shows that scattered light increases reading errors for cds that cd players don't correct.  If the evidence is simply that you hear a subjective improvement when playing cds treated with your product, it would be good to know that too.   

The light travels really fast and it all arrives at the sensor at the same time so there is no problem except that Geoff needs to sell stuff.
Q asked by OP | <------------------------------------------------->|  This thread
Geoffkait   generic, thin, bass shy, brittle, honky, synthetic, congealed sound.  That maybe your definition of CD reproduction, but it isn't mine or half a dozen close friends of mine.  While we all appreciate the sound of a good LP, the average classical and jazz CD well mastered is stunningly good.  I have 35,000 LPs and 7,000 CDs.  I wouldn't give up any of them because of their format limitations.  I have near SOTA front ends which permit me to extract superior performance from each format.  Even my 78s sound more alive, dynamic and tonally rich compared to most audiophiles systems.  My most treasured vocal recordings are Ward Marston mastered to CDs.  There is no equivalent except buying $1 millions of "78"s, finding the correct speed, stylus size and equalization to play each.  No chance in my life of doing what Ward does.

Yes, I experimented with 40 or 50 CD players prior to 2006, trying to find one that approximated LP playback.  I hated CD reproduction until the 2000s.  The players got better as did the DACs.