What’s your vote for the most ridiculous, overpriced, and useless tweak?

My vote: Furutech Outlet Cover 105 NCF $220, with “special crystalline material that has two “active” properties.” https://www.thecableco.com/outlet-cover-105-ncf.html

glow_worm
I was hoping to be in the future on those days you are here. No break for the weary, I guess.
Geoffkait it is not the"gentle readers" who inquire about your death, but only me, waiting for your opinion about my answer to your question...I said waiting, because I value your opinion and spirit by the way...
By the way I improve the schumann resonator another times and put it to another level for the impact... I use stones on the center spot of the generator(Shungite +Herkimer) connected by a very ultra thin copper cable, like a hair, connected to the other stones of my stones grid...I must say that the schumann resonator (a Chinese one 20 bucks) are almost the most astounding tweak I ever made, very different impact than the Helmholtz resonators but not less impactful on the contrary, and perhaps better than a new amplifier or at least like a very costly new one...

I had no words...Buy one and if you are not astounded, the reason is your system is not cleaned of vibrations or interference, nor your room adequately treated...
@yeti42 , sorry to hear about your experiences. I guess far too many of us were taken for a ride at some point in this hobby. Our needs were great but our knowledge was narrow.

Talking of the Townshend Rock, surely the proprietary trough wasn’t a useless tweak? It always seemed to make logical sense to give the head shell end of the arm some support regarding tracking performance.
@mahgister, from the VH Audio web site regarding the Acoustic Revive Schumann Frequency Generator,

“What is the Schumann Resonance?
The "Schumann Resonance" is a resonance frequency that exists in the Earth’s "electromagnetic" cavity; i.e. it exists between terrestrial surface and ionosphere. The German physicist W. O. Schumann first detected the resonant properties of this terrestrial cavity in 1954. It has been noted that the Schumann Resonance is a breathing phenomenon of the Earth that has lasted for ages. The lowest-frequency and highest-intensity mode of the Schumann Resonance is at a frequency of approximately 7.83Hz. Humans and all animals and plants have been guarded by this frequency of 7.83Hz and lived for long time. But recently, many unnatural radio waves and electromagnetic waves have disturbed this frequency of 7.83Hz, having a negative influence on our human bodies. Acoustic Revive asserts that there are many effects when the frequency of 7.83Hz is generated artificially. Some interesting information regarding Shumann Resonance and human psychobiology may be found here. ( hyperlink no longer active)”