Hendrix 50th Anniversary Electric Ladyland Box Release

Looking forward to release tomorrow. In my humble opinion one of the greatest albums ever. Imagine hearing this album when it was released, Compositionally and technically from another time and place, truly ground breaking. Thanks Jimi!!!!!!!
toneranger58
I couldn't get to the ebay ad from your link so I can't say for sure, but probably not. Since it is part of the 50th Anniversary reissue it was probably made at the same plant as those available from Amazon or other sources. If it was a separate Japanese remastering it might sound different and cost a lot more.
I think The Jimmy Hendrix Experience is arguably the best and most talented rock group ever period. The greatest.

If that's the case @tzh21y, the least you can do is spell Jimi's name correctly. ;-)

I saw and heard him/them live twice, and while I know a few guys my age who still like his/their music, to me and many of my contemporaries it sounds pretty dated. Yes, I realize that is a minority opinion. The first time I saw them ('67), Jimi was on fire. The second time ('68), he seemed bored, just going through the motions. I'm sure had he lived he would have evolved into a less "showbizzy" player. But I doubt he would have ever come close to Danny Gatton, or any number of other guitarists most are unaware of.

As for groups, I have seen and heard dozens of better bands/groups than The Experience, but then that is of course purely a matter of taste.

It's not, to paraphrase Zappa, a "pushup contest." Simply ask any great living guitar player about Hendrix and they'll likely note that nobody played like that...astonishing technique and feel that was really all Jimi, and there were simply very few around back then as dedicated to playing as he was. I think Gatton was clearly on another planet and a true genius, and am a fan of his playing as well as many others from Joe Pass to Julian Lage...it's the soul that comes through the great guitar players that matters most, and Jimi had that...I was recently listening to a vinyl copy of Jeff Beck's "Loud Hailer"...there's a guy who's chops haven't rested.