1955-2001 Favorite Top Ten Rock Groups

To get a better feel for the types of people on this site, IYHO, what are your favorite rock artists top tenwise. I just like to know.
shubertmaniac
Stones, Little Feat, Beatles, Steely Dan, Led Zeppelin. Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Clapton, Doobies & Allman Brothers. Tough call....
Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Van Halen, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, U2, Boston, Kiss, and The Eagles....in that order (Journey would be a very close #11 for me, Pink Floyd #12, The Police #13, Deep Purple #14, The Moody Blues would be #15...Blue Oyster Cult might be 16. CCR, ELO, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Collective Soul might round out the top 21, for me).............................Those are the top 10 as I like them, PERSONALLY. As far as who I think FUTURE HISTORY will regard as "best", that'll likely be a toss up between The Stones and The Who, with Zeppelin and Floyd right behind. The Beatles were British Pop IMO, but I suppose history will always think of them as #2 regarding sales.....right behind Garth Brooks that is!.........heh heh heh heh!!!!
The Who, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Frank Zappa, The Doors, The Guess Who, Everclear, Foghat, Mott The Hoople, The Move and The Ramones
Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rainbow (up to their 5th album), UFO (with Micheal Schenker), The Who, Queen, Rush, and as mandatory skeletons in the closet to finish the list, KISS (wanna get cheesier than that? How'bat Blondie?). If progressive or art rock counts, then add Pink Floyd, ELP, and King Crimson to replace the last three. Too bad that there ain't any band in my generation comparable (as cheesy or musically interesting) to the aforementioned. A lot of great athleticism on the fret, though..