Speaker Break In...? Or listener “Break In”?

Im interested in opinions regarding which has more impact; a speaker changing sound over the first 100-200 hours or a listener becoming more in tune with a certain speakers qualities and characteristics.

128x128b_limo
prof   I agree.  It's like a car salesman.  If they can get you inside the car and take it for a test drive, or let you take it home and drive it for a couple days, a sale is more probable.
I do think there may be a slight break in for speakers, but I also wonder how much we adapt to the new sound.  It would be interesting to compare a used pair of speakers with a brand new pair on the same system and see if you could tell the difference.
when I got my von Schweikerts, speaker break-in was real for me. When I first played them "out of the boxes" I was disappointed but expected them to need to be played a while. Took about 400 hours to really come into their own. lots of congestion and lack of detail originally, nothing like what I heard at the dealers
No man left behind. Apparently there are some left behind. Oh, well, that’s kind of how it goes some time. Live and let die.
b_limo brings up a subject worthy of discussion
 a listener becoming more in tune with a certain speakers qualities and characteristics.

Only to have the conversation immediately trashed beyond recognition by the usual suspects.

I would say for shame but you have none.
Post removed