New Von Schweikert VR 33?

Interested in buying this speaker, not sold on dealers only direct from VSA so can't audition it. Anybody own or listened to them? Please, your thought.
pinoy6
I've heard quite a few iterations of Alberts speakers and not only thought they were nothing special, but actually find them not a good speaker at all. ..to the point that a friend of mine and I who were auditioning the speakers couldn't believe that they were competitive in any way. Naturally, there are some who either don't know what real music sounds like in real space, or prefer their version of what music sounds like in real space. You pay your money, and get what you want.
I would love to know where I "bashed" them and cant help to wonder why some insist on being agreed with, why do those people seem to demand people be in lockstep with their opinions? Get over yourselves.
Stringgreen
If you are going to go there too. I must be one of the few that don't know what real music is cause I preferred the VS 5 Annies over the Vandies you own. I found the vandies 5A had a narrow sweet spot, lack of dyanamics on much of the techno/prog stuff I listen to. Also midbass hump I couldn't understand given the ability to tune , not worth 7K let alone 17 IMO. That DID not sound like real music to me. But you get what you like - right. The VS on the other hand did everything right - for me anyway. Good luck to you.

Chadnliz - you make me laugh.

Pinoy6
Don't let anyone on these boards influence you. Go and seek out a dealer or a audio club with owners of these fine speakers and listen/decide for yourself.

Good listening to all no matter your poison.
String knows what music should sound like as he is a classical performer by trade and I have met him in person.
I only heard a pair of VS4jr and can't comment on the VR33. The only thing I am commenting on is Arkio's comments on the Vandersteen 5A concerning the "midbass hump" he heard.

My question to you Arkio what were the circumstance you heard this and how familiar were you with the system in question? One of the things I always loved about the Vandersteen speakers in general from their Model 2-5 is their ability to NOT do that midbass hump which I hear in SO MANY speakers with aspirations for a true bottom end. I won't bash any speaker as an example but I find this to be very prevalent among many speakers I've listened to. The reason the Vandersteens DON't do this is one of the primary reasons these speakers have stood the test of time. I have no dog in this fight but I am intimately familiar with Vandersteen speakers and your comments in my mind can only be taken in a context that it was a brief listen in an unfamiliar system or the system was indeed not tuned in. I don't mean to hijack this thread but that comment really jumped out at me and I find it completely erroneous in my experience with these speakers.